Light-O-Rama Forums

Flipping

Ed Slonka Jr

Not sure if this belongs here or in Sequencing, so here goes.

Let's say you have two arches and you have sequenced one to say chase from left to right. Is there a way to select a section from arch 1 and copy it and then paste it to arch 2 but invert it so it it would chase from right to left?

If this is covered somewhere please forgive me, didn't see it.

Jeff Millard wrote:

That depends... on what you are copying and trying to invert. Try the toggle tool. Select a range of cells and copy them. Paste them to the other arch and toggle them. If they are on, they will turn off... off/on. I have no idea if this will help you, but it's the only tool I see that can invert a selection.

Alternatively. There is a way I do something similar to what you describe. I need to reverse a series of effects on 12 channels for an arch color. What I do is copy the 12 channels for a color to a new track. In that track I reverse the order of the rows of channels. 12, 11, 10, 9... Then, if a make a chase around the tree that I want to go in the opposite direction, I copy it and paste it to the other track a little further along in the song. This will reverse the direction of the spin/chase.

I hope that makes sense...

Jeff

Wow, that is so simple! I am going to try that myself; seems like it would make the chase sequences so much easier to do!

Yes, using tracks as Jeff describes makes several things easier. I do the same with my tracks setting up channels that go from the right side of the display to the left side. Also one from roof line to arches that are closes to the road. I have tracks set up like this for each color in my display.

It makes programming sweeps much easier.

Not that you asked me, but I use over 20 tracks in my sequencing.

That is what I have found to be helpful. Since my perimiter and the mini mega are 2 colors (red and green) with white trees and wireframes in the center, I have 1 track for red and green, 1 for the mini mega, one for the white, one for the beat track, and one that has just everything. So it is interesting to see that I basically am using tracks like you who has been doing this longer than I. Thanks for sharing Jeff.

Jeff, thanks for the the idea and it makes perfect sense about the tracks and changing the order.

That will do what I would like to do. I tried the toggle and it just wasn't quite doing what I wanted but I think your trick will do it.

Thanks so much!