Light-O-Rama Forums

Now I am ticked

Robin

So I finally decide to start working on my songs. Everything is installed. I put in the first song and it asks how many channels. So I pop in 640 just for starters.

I am going along renaming everything until I get to controller number 10 which is not 10 at all but OA.1 then OA.2

Great! I have never used OA or anything. So I figure no sweat just go in and make a change for each controller. But nope, have to do each channel manually then rename the channels.

This is going to make for a very long process because as we all know that after OA comes O freaking B!

Any suggestions besides doing this mess or changing all the controllers?

Oh and I have not found out yet but can we like copy and paste a bunch of channels at one time into a new track?

Hexidecimal 0A = Decimal 10
Hex 0B = Dec 11

And so on....up to 0F, then it starts at 11, 12... 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F and then..
Hex = Dec
0 = 0
1 =1
2 =2
3 =3
4 =4
5 =5
6 =6
7 =7
8 =8
9 =9
A= 10
B =11
C =12
D =13
E =14
F =15
10 = 16
11 = 17
12 = 18 and so on... and on and on... LOL

I know that crap.

Prior to today, like last year, you say you have 500 channels and they all came up as channels. Then you went in and assigned the controller number
Now it is all done for you but I do not have a single controller with OA or what ever.

I'm a IT person and my controllers are all numbered in decimal format. I won't use HEX until I run out of normal numbers.

For us dumb people they should count them in decimal and then use the hex values. Most of us would never see the hex values and save a lot of confusion.

Simple is king.

You know you can't even go into the first channel of the controller and change them all at once any longer. You have to change each one individually all the way through.

Makes me about ready to say [Foul Language Used] on it all.

Oh, by the way...

You can uncheck the box "Automatically set up channels to use standard LOR controllers" and have it behave just like it did last year :D

This screenshot is for an animation sequence.

Attached files 177779=10159-CHANNELSETUP.jpg

Here's the checkbox for a musical sequence setup.

UNCHECK the box to have it setup channels 1 thru channel xxx like the old version.

Attached files 177782=10160-CHANNELSETUP2.jpg

Sorry Charlie, 640 channels still comes up with the OA OB etc. I just did it exactly like your box to be sure I did not miss anything the first time.

Hold off the Beta Jeffie.

Man Robin, you are tough. Perhaps you just don't want it to work :)

Take a deep breath and here's a video of how it works.

Howard I am so glad you know me so well.

I want you to go into your sequence editor, pick new musical sequence. Then choose 500 or 600 channels.
Then after it is created just like you showed in the box scroll down and look at the channels.

Then tell me that crap.

My apologies if I offended you. Did not mean to, was merely joking.

I did as you requested.
I opened Sequence Editor.
I picked created a new musical sequence.
I selected my WAV file for the sequence.
On the "New Musical Sequence Options" dialog I UNCHECKED "using standard LOR controllers.
I replaced the default 8 channels with 600.
I checked "Don't add any timings" so that it wouldn't bring up the tapper wizard.

I ended up with 600 channels labeled "Channel 1" thru "Channel 600" as in the picture attached.

Again, only trying to help. Didn't mean to tick you off more.

Attached files 177792=10161-CHANNELSETUP3.jpg

Fine, didn't mean to [Foul Language Used] you off. My TEXT above the image said, "UNCHECK" the box.

Howard just drop it.

On the musical sequence it did not say uncheck box. I do not do animation sequences and honestly when I saw animation I dismissed it.

So to end this. You were right, I was wrong so go have a great evening/.;mrkerjao0igjq3jhn3q-rweo[ifjq-wer9qmriofg3f`qwe3-89uere8r238ehr8u2eh802hbndf982euhrd2803yher87283hr823her823bh9u23h89d23hd89

In addition to simply unchecking that box when you create the sequence:

If you create a sequence with the box checked but don't want controller 0A (or whatever), you don't have to manually change each channel. You can just go into the Channel Property Grid and select "Delete Controller". It will present you with a list of the controllers in your sequence; select "Light-O-Rama Controller, Unit #0A", and hit "OK". Those channels will then be removed from your sequence.

And if by adding 640 channels you expected to add controllers 01-09, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40, rather than 01-28, then you can add 29, 30-39, and 40 to your sequence after having deleted 0A-0F and 1A-1F.

I expect that this will be much quicker than modifying all of those channels.

Another thing to note: Near the bottom of the new sequence creation dialog is a checkbox labelled "Save as defaults". If you don't ever want it to automatically populate your channels for you, then the next time you're using the dialog, uncheck "Using standard LOR controllers", and check "Save as defaults".

Or, if you want to save this default immediately without creating a new sequence, you can do the same thing via Edit / Preferences / New Musical Sequence Preferences.

Robin wrote:

Howard just drop it.

On the musical sequence it did not say uncheck box. I do not do animation sequences and honestly when I saw animation I dismissed it.

So to end this. You were right, I was wrong so go have a great evening/.;mrkerjao0igjq3jhn3q-rweo[ifjq-wer9qmriofg3f`qwe3-89uere8r238ehr8u2eh802hbndf982euhrd2803yher87283hr823her823bh9u23h89d23hd89

Hey Robin, RIF along with understanding what you have read. I caught on to what Howard was saying. You where just to upset to get the gist of Howards post.

I think you need to tell Howard, Thanks and mean it.