Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule editor help

buratti

Can someone tell me if I am using the schedule editor wrong?

I like all the functions of the Light-O-Rama boards and the new S2 software, but to be honest I have to complain about the schedule editor. for the last few years I have had so much trouble tweaking and scheduling my shows. In the end, yes it does work, but it could use work on the ease of using. We all know that to schedule a new show all you do is click Add, then select the file, start time, end time and days of week, but if you want to modify the times or remove a show, you have to do each day of the week separately, which is a pain. Especially with my shows, where I have several 1-2 minute shows scheduled, and the "boxes" representing them are too small to click. If I want to change the time on one of those shorter shows, its very hard to position the mouse pointer over that small block that represents that show time, plus I have to do the same for every day of the week. And most of the time my shorter shows/musical sequences (which I have as their own separate shows which may be my problem) do not start because the previous show did not finish yet. It seems like i have to figure the EXACT running time of each show in order to schedule my nightly sequences to run correctly, and if for some reason one show is delayed, the rest of the night is screwed up, and skips shows. is there any word on a update or new version of the schedule editor, or am i just using it the wrong, more difficult way?

Guest wbottomley

buratti wrote:

Can someone tell me if I am using the schedule editor wrong?

I like all the functions of the Light-O-Rama boards and the new S2 software, but to be honest I have to complain about the schedule editor. for the last few years I have had so much trouble tweaking and scheduling my shows. In the end, yes it does work, but it could use work on the ease of using. We all know that to schedule a new show all you do is click Add, then select the file, start time, end time and days of week, but if you want to modify the times or remove a show, you have to do each day of the week separately, which is a pain. Especially with my shows, where I have several 1-2 minute shows scheduled, and the "boxes" representing them are too small to click. If I want to change the time on one of those shorter shows, its very hard to position the mouse pointer over that small block that represents that show time, plus I have to do the same for every day of the week. And most of the time my shorter shows/musical sequences (which I have as their own separate shows which may be my problem) do not start because the previous show did not finish yet. It seems like i have to figure the EXACT running time of each show in order to schedule my nightly sequences to run correctly, and if for some reason one show is delayed, the rest of the night is screwed up, and skips shows. is there any word on a update or new version of the schedule editor, or am i just using it the wrong, more difficult way?

You're exactly right.

I think that it's been said the schedule editor will be updated. When, I don't know.

Sounds like you schedule your display similar to the way I do mine. Lots of short shows back to back .

What I would like to see is a show interupt. I could have one show scheduled for the night as a background show. Mostly static lights and music. And then on each quarter hour it would get interupted by an animated show. After that show, it would pick back up where it leaves off with the background show.

As it is now I have about 40, 7 and 8 minute shows scheduled throughout the night.

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. How much of a pain is it to to modify the times with all those shows huh? There has to be (or should be) something easier.