Light-O-Rama Forums

Wierd problem with animation editor

sjmiller

I ordered my final controller for this year during the summer sale, and started to reassign channels to display features. When I went to update the animation - the last three channels were not displayed in the Draw operation. I checked the Tools - Channel Properties Grid and everything looked good there. I saved and exited everything, then started the sequence editor again, opened the animation, went to Draw - still can't see the last three channels I added.

I scroll to the top of the drop down channel field as I'm scrolling to the bottom - all of the channels are listed correctly - but when I get to what should be the bottom of the list - all of the previous channels are repeated - except the three I just added.

The sequence editor displays everything correctly, the Channel Property Grid is correct, the animation editor is out of wack - it's duplicating the list and truncating the last entries.

Any ideas on how to get everything sync'ed up correctly?

Steve

Just a guess, but it sounds to me like you have two (or more) tracks, and the new channels were only added to the first track.

The "Draw" dropdown list is kind of a holdover from the days before any such thing as "tracks" existed. It lists all the channels in the first track, then all the channels in the second track (regardless of whether or not they're also in the first track), then the third, and so on. Really, there should be two dropdown lists, one to select the track, and the other to select the channel from that track.

But anyway, I'm guessing that those new channels are probably listed in the dropdown, just not where you're expecting - they're probably at the end of the first "copy" of the other channels.

If this is not the case, could you please send a copy of the sequence to me, and let me know which channels I should be looking for? Thanks.

Bob,

You described what I'm seeing, the top/first channel listing in the draw option has all of the channels - the duplicate doesn't.

I currently have three tracks in the sequence with another 4 or 5 to add. Do I keep what I have and press forward - or delete and start over? I have about 6 hours into adding the channels and reallocating features - I'd rather pay the price now then feel the pain later.

I plan on finalizing the channel assignments with the new song I'm working on, then export it and import to the previous sequences and rework them

Steve

Do I keep what I have and press forward - or delete and start over?

I don't understand why you would delete and start over. You can just select those channels in the dropdown list when you want to draw with them; they don't have to be at the bottom of the list - they should draw just fine the way they are right now.

If you want them at the bottom of the list, you could always copy those channels to the bottom of the last track. But do you really need them at the bottom of the list? If not, do you really need them in the last track?

Hi Bob,

I'm new enough to LOR that when I see something I haven't seen before I have to ask. I just want to make sure that I'm not causing myself problems down the road by not correcting things now. I plan on making this .lcc export the template for the rework of my previous 8 songs - and the template for all new 2009 songs.

Steve