Light-O-Rama Forums

Daisy Chain Cat5 Cable

mcnamara9

I believe it does NOT matter which order we daisy chain our controllers. Is that correct? Need to know so I can buy the right length of Cat5.

For example, we can connect Controller #1 to #3 to #2 instead of in order of connecting Controller #1 to #2 to #3. Is this correct?

I does not matter what order you connect your controllers on the communications line. For me I take the closest to the computer and connect till I get to the furthest.

Chuck

each unit has a unique ID you set to it...01 02 03 etc...thats all that matters so you can daisy chain 01 to 04 to 02 to 09 whatever...the signal will go to where its supposed to

When LOR sends out the signal, it sends out everything to every controller. It is then the responsibility of the control to find it's unique signal and interrupt it. That is why, like Johnny said, it is important to make sure every controller has a different ID.

Actually the signal will go to all units. But only the one being addressed will act apon the commands. All other units will ignore the commands.

GREAT! Thanks everyone. I thought that was how it went, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks again.

Max-Paul wrote:

Actually the signal will go to all units. But only the one being addressed will act apon the commands. All other units will ignore the commands.

Thats actually what I meant just said better...lol

Ponddude wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:

Thats actually what I meant just said better...lol

Oh, ok, threw me with the "interupt" statement.

P.S. still working to catch up with you and your 176 channels. Unless you add more, it will be several years. That and the cost of LEDs. But I dont want no stinking lamps to burn out in the middle of winter to deal with.. Later dude...