Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Too excited did I forget something?

PaulXmas

I didn't check my email and though the things I wanted would be sold out so I ordered and paid for...

Card Assembled (Complete  PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE      2  185.95  Country = USA & Canada
Package)
Card Assembled (add PC-CTB16PC-OPTIONS 1 125.90 Enclosure = None
options) Heatsinks = High Power HS Installed
(+19.95)
Output Cordset = None
Supply Cordset = None
S2 Software - Basic Plus SW-BasicPlus 1 69.95 Optional CD = Download Only (no CD)
Version
Total 567.75

Do I need something else? Something that goes from my computer to the controller?

Looks like you ordered a PC complete controller with all the parts, for you to assemble. Looks like you also ordered JUST the circuit board fully assembled. What will you be putting the circuit board into, what kind of box? What kind of output connections? what type of input cords?

Did you make a choice on communications adapter?

Chuck

Congratulations on joining the frey. Looks like you have everything covered accept the lights, extention cords, mini trees, mega tree etc etc :^). There is a Canadian forum that a few of us are on and it is christmaslights.ca, maybe check it out and you'll find a few of us that can offer local support and encouragement. Just outside Edmonton to the south is Lightzilla, I met him in person today for dinner and the first inaugeral BC/AB mini.

Cheers

Daryl B.
http://www.sommervillelights.ca
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!

You'll also need a copy Showtime Suite II (S2) Advanced to control your lights and get the most out of the controller features.

Steve

When you bought the software, were you asked "what adapter or interface do you want?" More than likely if you where asked this, you would have selected a USB485 adapter. If you did not ask for an adapter you will need this. Then the only other thing you will need from the computer (actually from the adapter that is connected to the computer) is a standard eithernet Cat 5 cable. Depending on the distance / rouiting will determine the length of the cable. If you are handy with installing RJ-45 connectors on Cat 5 cable. You might want to buy bulk Cat 5 cable and build your own.

Welcome and you will discover that the forums are a great place to find information.

Max

I have lights and some extension cords.
The extra board is going to be a spare "in case".
I have a lot of CAT 5 cables.
The software I downloaded so I assume I am missing USB485.

Thanks guys!

Love the new software.

It does look like you missed a 485 adapter of some sort. Make sure you buy a LOR one to make sure it works. They have them in serial and USB. You'll also need a couple of CAT5 cables

I just ordered USB-RS485 Communications USB485
I have a lot of CAT 5 (and 5E) cables.
I used a GE light controller so have extension cables for 6 channels.
Since I now have 32 channels I am going to need a few (hundred hehe) more extension cables.

And some free 32 channel sequences to add to the ones I working on now.

Just ordered Whole house transmitter.... :-)

Where do I get those Light O Rama User with X Channels?

PaulXmas wrote:

Since I now have 32 channels I am going to need a few (hundred hehe) more extension cables.

Don't spend a lot of money buying extension cords to run your channels. In most applications you won't need that big an extension cord. Search on the forum for SPT-1 and SPT-2 wire and the alligator plugs that go with them. I think it's considerably cheaper to build your own custom length.

Thanks for the pic for my signature info.

I am thinking of digging trenches and burying some electrical wire (in some kind of protection).