Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2.3.8

Linda

I just installed the update version 2.3.8 and when I click on "view animation" a box pops up that says " background image file does not exist", but when I click "ok" my background image shows up in the animation viewer. This happens with every sequence I open. and when I close and reopen a sequence. Am I going to have to open each sequence and save all this info again since doing this update?

I found the problem. I had moved the picture from where it was when I originally saved it when I added and saved it in the image viewer.

Linda:

When you did the latest upgrade did it require you to re-install the license key or did all you have to do was download the program? Thanks.

Lenny

This is what it says on the download page:

This download is the complete S2 Software Suite. It will run with or without a S2 License Key. If you do not have a License Key the software will operate in Demo Mode. In Demo Mode, you have the features of the Basic License with one exception: you will not be able to actually control lights.

If you have an S2 License, download now ( unless you have already downloaded ) and enter you key to unlock your license's feature set.

All I had to do was install the update. I wasn't prompted to enter my key. This link has all the download instructions.

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

Not sure if this is relevant to the question, but just in case:

(1) If you've already activated your license, and you upgrade, you will only need to reactivate if either the "major" or "minor" part of the version number has changed from what it was when you activated. If only the "revision" part has changed, you will not need to reactivate.

"Major" and "minor" are the first two parts of the version number; "revision" is the third. So, for example, if you upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.8, you won't need to reactivate. But if you upgrade from 2.3.8 to 2.4.0, or to 3.0.0, you will need to reactivate.

(2) When you go to reactivate, your license name and key will automatically be populated in the boxes, so you won't have to re-enter them. All you'll have to do is press the button to register. Assuming that your name and key are still valid for the new version, that's all you'll have to do.

(3) Caveat: This all assumes that you haven't done something like wipe out your Windows registry. If you do, you'll have to reactivate, and you'll have to manually re-enter your license name and key.