Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation on Lightorama

jaki54321

Hi all,

This is my 2nd year with lightorama, but I don't ask many questions for fear of getting my head bit off :D Anyway I figured it was time to ask a question since I completely forgot how I did this last year. Ok here is the question;

Last year I drew an animation on my animation area and I was able to use it over and over again without having to do all the drawing and changing the channels for my Holiday light designer to run it on. Because I had it this way, all I had to do was import the music, make my sequence for the song and that is it. I didn't have to draw the animaton every time and I didn't have to change the channels every time I made a new musical sequnce.

This time around I made an animation and made all my channels, saved it, and when I tried to import it to my musical sequnce, it wouldn't let me. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I just forgot how I did it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Nevermind, I just remembered that all I had to do was export them, save then I can use them for future sequences.

Thanks anyway :)

Maybe this will help someone else with the same question

jaki54321 wrote:

Hi all,

This is my 2nd year with lightorama, but I don't ask many questions for fear of getting my head bit off :D Anyway I figured it was time to ask a question since I completely forgot how I did this last year. Ok here is the question;

This time around I made an animation and made all my channels, saved it, and when I tried to import it to my musical sequnce, it wouldn't let me. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I just forgot how I did it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

No need to feel like you could get you head bit off. We are all here to help. Yes some do come off as snappy at times...but we all have differenet stress levels. Over look that and Please feel free to ask your questions without shame.

You mentioned that you tried to import and it did not work. I am unclear on what you are saying "it wouldn't let me". Did you export after you set up your channel config and animation? I also think that with the newest release you have the option when creating a new musical sequence of using the configuration within an existing sequence,this is located in the middle of the new musical sequence window after you select the media file

Chuck

jaki54321,

Chuck is right on target, the people here will usually do their best to answer any question posted.

I have not seen any heads bit off :shock:, this is the place to ask questions related to LOR.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I have seen so many posts where people are just asking simple questions and some people (not all) are so mean about the answer they give. I am glad to see that there are great people here at the lightorama forum.

Thanks again, :D

Jackie

Jaki, I understand exactly how you feel. I got my feelings hurt several months ago over my second post, a question about soldering that I put up in "good faith" but ended up feeling like I got a smackdown. Re-reading it now, it doesn't seem that bad. I guess I was being a little thinned skinned. My strenghts lie in computers and programming, so when I asked a question about soldering, the long-time kit builders and ex-military electronics techs jumped in and tried to tell me that soldering really isn't that complicated and I shouldn't be afraid to try it. Possibly the same advice I might give somebody who is afraid to turn on a PC and try some sequencing.

I jave found this forum to be pretty unique in the sense that there are many true experts in so many areas; electronincs, programming, music, electrical, lighting, mechanical, etc.

I still ask "newbie" questions. You will ALWAYS find the answer here, trust me.

One secret I have is that if I am afraid I am going to ask a really stupid question, I scour similar threads to find a member who is an expert in that area and send her/him a PM. The only down side to this is there might be some other newbie out there with the same question, and their question might go unanswered.

Stick around and ask away, These are great people, although, like you said there are a few pompous members, but you still gotta appreciate their knowledge.

Thanks for the advise. I haven't had my head bitten off yet, but I have seen some posts on here and they are not very nice. I usually ask a question when it is needed. I am also a computer wiz as well, but I tend to forget the things I did after being off of it for so long, so that is why I had the question I asked.

I understand your a computer guy, if you want to see some of my work, go to youtube and search jaki54321 for my videos :)

jim6918 wrote:

Stick around and ask away, These are great people, although, like you said there are a few pompous members, but you still gotta appreciate their knowledge.

And when you encounter one of those pompous members, don't fear them - pity them, because their life must really suck from carrying such heavy chips on their shoulders all the time.

The rest of us, meaning those who WEREN'T born knowing everything, don't mind sharing what we've learned.

jim6918 said it all, you (George) said it best :)

But both of you have a really good point. I am a Math and Science teacher, so it irritates me when someone acts like your suppose to know everything because your a teacher. When your a teacher, the world is a learning experience and there are many questions to be asked.

I am not full of fear to ask a question, and I should have put it in another way because that is what I said above, but I try to stay away form that kind of crap because it is easier that way. Even in my own life I keep negativity and anger out of it and believe me, I have a wonderful life because of it.

I am always willing to help people if they need it, but it always seems that if I have a question to ask someone always thinks that I should know everything. If I knew everything, I wouldn't be asking :)