Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Background Picture

rangebob

When I re-started my sequences this year I decided to use a background picture. I used a picture and had all of the lights showing on it. When I saved it and closed the program and did some changes to the sequence and went to view it. The animation window I had to open it up to 2 monitors to see the whole thing. I checked the size of the picture it was 11 x 8 so I re-sized the piccture to 10x6 and redid the whole animation layout. Now the animation that should fit on one monitor is still showing on 2 monitors, the same size as the previous version.

If I remove the picture and then place it back it shows fine but as soon as I close and save the seqence it goes back to the extremely large picture. I've checked the Preferences but I can't find anything that could be causing this. Where is the setting that controls the animation window and the size that it is shown?

Thanks

Bob

Probably not the solution you are looking for, but for grins, try setting up your windows monitor support so that the monitors are stacked, instead of side by side, and see if that makes it behave the way you want...

Bob,

I don't know about two monitors, but I had better luck when I resized my picture to around 800X600. Before that I was having trouble. I resized the pic in Microsoft Picture Manager.

Michael

That is part of the problem. The picture was sized 800x600 and now it is somewhere around 724x542. Even with a laptop the picture is too big to be seen on a single monitor. I'm just getting used to removing the picture and placing it back again, but with 7-10 sequences it can get quite old and already has been.

I'm just getting used to removing the picture and placing it back again, but with 7-10 sequences it can get quite old and already has been.

If your sequences all use the same tracks, and the same channels, in the same order, then you can export the channel configuration of one that you've made the change in, and import it into the sequences that you haven't yet made the change in. Export/import channel config brings the animation along with it.

I would suggest making backups of all your sequences before doing this, just in case one of them doesn't really have the channels in the order that you're expecting.

rangebob wrote:

I'm sure it is an easy fix too but I can't find the easy location where it is hiding at.

Bob,

You may be zoomed in. My animation window does this. Every time I start it back up the zoom is at 4. I have to move it back to 2 so I can see all the yard and house. Zoom is located on the left of the animation window in the 1st box. Slide the slider to the left.

That was it Michael. Now if there is a way to save that setting that would be great.

Bob, I did export and import since I'm totally re-doing my sequences I'm starting from fresh so I did create a single layout with everything the way that I wanted it and went from there.

rangebob wrote:

That was it Michael. Now if there is a way to save that setting that would be great.

Bob, I did export and import since I'm totally re-doing my sequences I'm starting from fresh so I did create a single layout with everything the way that I wanted it and went from there.

Great! If there is a way to save on the zoom setting let me know. I hope you are enjoying your summer!

I believe I found your way to save the zoom setting. Open your sequence, click edit>preferences>zoom preferences. I have not tried it but it looks like what you are wanting.....hope it helps!!

The save Zoom is when you zoon in or out the cells of the sequence editor. I still haven't found anywhere to save the setting for the zoom on the animation screen.