Light-O-Rama Forums

Subdivide timings

JimCanfield

I just noticed that subdivide timings has been disabled. It that so, or is it just my computer? I am thinking that they were disabled because of the ability to add multiple timing grids.

Jim,

Check to see if you're in a fixed or freeform timing grid. The fixed grids do not allow subdividing; the freeform grids do.

Right, fixed timing grids can't be changed at all. You can't add timings to them, delete timings from them, or modify the position of timings in them.

Thanks Bob, and I did find a way around that. I figured out that I can change the timing grids on the same track as I want! I can start out with say a .10 timing, then change it to .05 timing, then I can change it to my beat timing, then set it back to the .10 if I wish. This actually makes it eaiser than before, thanks again!

Okay I am having some issues with this as well. All I want to do is change the grid to .05, but can't find where to do it.

I have tried in Free From by going to Edit->Insert Timings but all I see is Add timings and it asks for a Number of timings I want not an actual time such as .10 or .05.

I remember being able to easily change to .05 last year.

Any help would be great. Thanks Guys.

Okay I am having some issues with this as well. All I want to do is change the grid to .05, but can't find where to do it.

I have tried in Free From by going to Edit->Insert Timings but all I see is Add timings and it asks for a Number of timings I want not an actual time such as .10 or .05.

I remember being able to easily change to .05 last year.

That behavior hasn't changed - it's always asked for a number, not a time. Perhaps you did it some other way, such as by adding a new track.

In any case, to get a timing grid with 0.05 second spacings, click on the "Timings" button (on the toolbar), and select "Add New Fixed Grid" from the menu that will pop up. It will then ask you how much time should be between timings; enter 0.05.

Your sequence will now have two separate timing grids, one of which is displayed at a time. To switch to your new grid (or back to your old one), select it from the dropdown menu to the right of that "Timings" button.

If you want a freeform grid instead of a fixed grid, but want it to start with 0.05 second timings (which can later be moved around or deleted or added to), select your 0.05 second fixed grid, click on the "Timings" button, and select "Duplicate to New Freeform Grid".