Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting channels to a second track?

HiramDawg

I'm sure there is a how to somewhere, just unable to locate. Please tell me I don't have to right click a channel from Track 1 and copy it to Track 2. Why does the export channel configuration not work if you are using more than 1 track on a particular sequence?

Thanks, Shane

Export/import works on the sequence as a whole, not on individual tracks. So if you export from a sequence with two tracks, both tracks will be exported; when you later import into a sequence, it will import those two tracks into two tracks.

You have to be careful about exporting/importing multitrack sequences, though. Please check the help file for details:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?the_edit_menu.htm

On that page, please take a look at the "Export and Import Channel Configuration" section, paying particular attention to the "Important note".

If you are looking to correctly copy all channels in track 1, into a new track 2, you can use edit/duplicate track to do that. Even if I only want about half of the channels in a track, I'll do it that way, and delete the ones I don't want, as it is faster that way.