Light-O-Rama Forums

How to save config. and house display (Newbie needs help!)

Robert Burton

Guess I need to go back and go through the tutorials!!!!

Ok. Didn't read a thing. Jumped right in to. This is what I have done and would like to save this for all my other sequences. I have not started any sequence.

In a .las file I have saved;

All my channel info and id's. (i.e. Mega Tree White Slice 1 - 01 Controller on Channel 1, etc.)

I also spend a bunch of time with a picture of my house, drawing in the various gutter lights, mini trees, etc. I know some of you do this real quick, but I am kind of limited because of the way my yard is setup. Had to think things through and then re-do and re-do. REALLY don't want to have to do that all over again.

How can I save all this info without having to re-type all of it in.

Robert
Fayetteville, GA

Once you have a channel configuration and the animation picture completed within a sequence, go to the Edit drop down menu, select "Export Channel Configuration" and name the file. It saves it with an .lcc extension.

I've named mine with my initials, year, number of channels like this "RJN 2009 48 channels basic.lcc" I figure that this will be helpful in later years as I add different elements to my display and add more channels.

When you create another sequence, select "Import Channel configuration" and it will bring in your channels with all their info and properties plus the animation picture you created. You only have to export when you change either the layout of your channels or the picture. That's why I try to describe my config file with enough info so I know what's in it by looking at the name.

Richard

Great Richard. I knew it had to be an easy solution.

I see your just north of me. Do you have any pictures or videos of your setup last year???

Thanks,
Robert
Fayetteville,GA:D

Glad that helped. This is my first year with LOR also, but I bought mine during their Feb. sale, so I've had a little time to play. There are a lot of great displays and knowledgeable people within a reasonable distance from you.

My GE Lights & Sounds display can be seen in my avatar, and a color-washed-out picture by clicking the download button to the left. Good luck.

Richard