Light-O-Rama Forums

software

Guest guest

Not sure I totally understand what you're asking.

Are you asking: The LOR software is currently on my desktop PC & I am getting a laptop, will I be able to transfer the software onto the laptop? If so, yes you can - if memory serves correct, the EULA (license agreement) states you can have it on one machine, so to be legit you'd need to remove it from the original PC - you might want to confirm that by reading the EULA, as we all do so ;)

Or are you saying you want to transfer the software from the laptop to a Showtime controller? If so, that you cannot do - however if you are asking if you can control the controller via your laptop with the LOR software on it - the answer is Yes - assuming you have the proper cables/adapters.

Hope that helps & if I was not understanding what you were asking - please give me a few more details and I'll try again.

-Rob

perfect

im getting the software but i putting it on my current laptop. but i will be upgrading to adiffrent one. can i take it and put it on the new one without buying it again.

ndiaz wrote:

perfect

im getting the software but i putting it on my current laptop. but i will be upgrading to adiffrent one. can i take it and put it on the new one without buying it again.

You will not have a problem as long as you keep a copy. So I would recommend that burn a copy to a CD.

Rob LaRe wrote:

Are you asking: The LOR software is currently on my desktop PC & I am getting a laptop, will I be able to transfer the software onto the laptop? If so, yes you can - if memory serves correct, the EULA (license agreement) states you can have it on one machine, so to be legit you'd need to remove it from the original PC - you might want to confirm that by reading the EULA, as we all do so ;)

Many people have it installed on one PC that they use to program their show and also have it installed on a differerent computer that they use to actually run the show. There was a discussion on this a while back. I don't think the situation I describe above violates the license agreement. Obviously I do not speak for the LOR company or for Dan. But I think that if you are only using to produce one "show" then you are at least upholding the "spirit" of the agreement. (BTW, I have not read the agreement. :shock: )

TED