Light-O-Rama Forums

Failure to perform

Gerry Van Cleve

I spent the last few weeks setting up a July 4 show. Tested and worked fine. Had some driver problems and upgrades for other software, only changes made.

Setup my lights today and tried to run the show. I have no output to the lights, ergo no show. Controller is linking, Hardware Utility finds the controller, tried another controller, same condition. Test button, nothing. Hit "On at 100%" lights go on, and off. Try "test" again, nothing. Try "Chase" sequence light strings sequence. Try "test". Nothing. Edit sequence, nothing. Reloaded upgrade and hit repair. Now tells me I have a trial version. As you're aware tomorrow is the 4th. Lights are out, flag is up.:P

Just downloaded and installed the version on the website, haven't recieved my key back yet, but then it did't ask for one. Same problem exists. Thanks for replying.

The test button just brings up the tab with the test tools. Like console brings up a virtual DMX console, and the firmware button brings up the screen that downloads firmware. So, if you are looking at the test tools (on/off/chase) pressing the test button will do nothing.

It sounds like you have communications working between the hardware utility and the controller. Once you exit the hardware utility and the sequence editor, have you verified that the LOR control panel is running? Have you clicked on the light bulb icon in the tool tray to bring up the LOR status dialog, and confirmed that it shows the show as enabled? You have both at least one show defined, and that show is called out in the schedule?

Tell you the truth I don't remember what all I've done, but deleted driver upgrades and rebooted. Is working now. Strange. After finding new USB serial port it is now working. Happy 4th. Funny thing was that it was talking to the controller before, I had partial control but sequences were dead. Again, now working. Thanks for your help.