Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions about triggers

HowardShank

Scenario
PC with S2 running
Controller 1 - LOR1602W - Input trigger 1 - Channel 1-16 used in primary show
Controller 2 - LOR1602W - Input trigger 2 - Channel 1-16 used in primary show
Controller 3 - LOR1602W - Channel 1-16 used in primary show

Can trigger 1 and/or 2 initiate an event on a PC while an animation sequence is currently playing?

If yes, does the main sequence stop running or do both run simultaneously?

If I load 2 different sequences on Controller 3, can trigger 1 and/or 2 execute the sequences on controller 3?

HowardShank wrote:

Scenario
PC with S2 running
Controller 1 - LOR1602W - Input trigger 1 - Channel 1-16 used in primary show
Controller 2 - LOR1602W - Input trigger 2 - Channel 1-16 used in primary show
Controller 3 - LOR1602W - Channel 1-16 used in primary show

Can trigger 1 and/or 2 initiate an event on a PC while an animation sequence is currently playing?

If yes, does the main sequence stop running or do both run simultaneously?

If I load 2 different sequences on Controller 3, can trigger 1 and/or 2 execute the sequences on controller 3?

I have done some playing with this. You mention animation sequence and not musical sequence. From my findings and also discussion on another thread I started. I will answer your questions.

#1. animation sequences can be triggered by triggers. However, they run at the same time as any other sequence you have running at the same time.

#2. oops I think I answered that also with #1

Not sure what you are saying about loadint 2 different sequences on controller 3. If your using the computer and have sequences that only use channels on controller 3 yes the triggers can run those sequences.

Triggers cause sequences to run. SO no matter how that sequence is configured, number of controllers/ number of channels the sequence will run when the trigger associated with it is activated.

No expert on triggers here. Just from my playing.

If your dealing with musical sequences. Then yes a musical sequence can be interrupted for another musical sequence. I said can be, because it depends on how you have the triggers configured. One method will not allow interruption.

Chuck

"Not sure what you are saying about loadint 2 different sequences on controller 3. If your using the computer and have sequences that only use channels on controller 3 yes the triggers can run those sequences."

It is my understanding you can load multiple sequences on a single controller. Therefore, if I have two sequences loaded on Controller 3, can trigger 1 from controller 1 execute seq 1 on controller 3 and can trigger 2 on controller 2 execute seq 2 on controller 3? Furthermore, can seq 1 and seq 2 on controller 3 execute simultaneously?

Thanks for your insight into this!

HowardShank wrote:

It is my understanding you can load multiple sequences on a single controller. Therefore, if I have two sequences loaded on Controller 3, can trigger 1 from controller 1 execute seq 1 on controller 3 and can trigger 2 on controller 2 execute seq 2 on controller 3? Furthermore, can seq 1 and seq 2 on controller 3 execute simultaneously?

There is no facility to load more than one sequence on a controller. You can load one sequence on a controller for stand alone mode. The stand alone sequence and a pc sequence can run together. However, if they use the same channels, then you will have undesired results.

Where did you get the info of 2 sequences loaded on a controller?

chuck

I'm searching for where I read that more than one sequence could be downloaded. In the mean time, that is going the wrong direction from my question.

Can trigger 1 on controller 1 execute a sequence on controller 2?

According to the DIO32 manual...

"If you are using a switch to activate a sequence
stored in the DIO32 controller, then Port A on the
controller must be configured for input. Each input
bit starts one of 8 internal sequences. The trigger
norm open/norm closed overrides the setting of the
port DIP switch"

From the LOR160xW_Man_Web PDF page 34, it states,
"• Sequences:
Multiple internal
sequences"

Perhaps this feature is not available on a LOR1602W.

I spoke with Dan and learned the following:

A trigger on any controller (Not standalone) can trigger a sequence to execute on the PC or MP3 controller.

A trigger must be on the same controller when a sequence is downloaded and the unit is in stand-alone mode. It does not listen to commands from any other unit or PC.