Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving files on flash/thumb drives

JimCanfield

I am going to pick up a flash drive and use it as another place to save my sequences. Since I use 2 different computers I am thinking that this way I can work on my sequences on both computers (both have the latest LOR on them) and then save the sequences on the flash drive. Then when the sequence is complete I can load it onto my laptop that runs the show. Also, this is a good way to share my sequences when I visit different people if they have LOR as well. Am I correct in thinking that I am able to do this with no problem?

No problem at all. That's how I do it when I'm too lazy to use my network!

Plus, it's a secondary backup location if something should happen to any of your computers!
-Evan

From other recent posts, it may not work for files saved with demo, or basic license versions. It shouldn't be an issue with the advanced license. Do make sure you keep backup copies on both ends. Thumb drives do occasionally die on their own (though rare) and they don't always survive being washed, driven over, lost, etc..

I have the full version so I shoul dbe ok there. As for the driving over part.....I was planning on washing it then driving over it immediatly after opening the package.

I've managed to kill one thumb drive running it through the laundry. I'm still not entirely sure how it wound up in my pocket to start with. I wouldn't think I would be any more likely to run over a thumb drive than my cell phone, but then again, my brother managed to drive over two of his cell phones in the same year...

I download my entire computer to an external hard drive , but I also use Windows Live SkyDive to save my Lor files and mp3s.

Works anyways. Just a thought.