system requirements for the S2 Software

warcraft

Operation System:
Windows 98SE / 2000 / ME / XP / Vista + Windows Media Player 9 or higher
Processor:
500mhz or faster
Memory:
Minimum amount recommend for your OS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so this is on the website it says it needs 500mhz min is this to program or for everthing

what about running it in the background? do we still need 500mhz?

Unfortunately, there is such a range of scale on shows that it is tough to put together a solid answer. I think most shows will run fine on a 500 Mhz system, and you can sequence happily on that same system, but you might not be able to run the animation window well. If you are running a small show, you might get by with a slower PC, but performance issues can be difficult to track down, and more expensive to solve last minute, than to go in prepared.

Also, I personally would not run a PC based show off of a shared system. If the LOR control panel is running with other software, you will need a more powerful system to increase the odds that LOR doesn't get starved of processing time. I do have LOR and Zara Radio on the same system, but Zara is paused when LOR is running a show.

-klb- wrote:

Unfortunately, there is such a range of scale on shows that it is tough to put together a solid answer. I think most shows will run fine on a 500 Mhz system, and you can sequence happily on that same system, but you might not be able to run the animation window well. If you are running a small show, you might get by with a slower PC, but performance issues can be difficult to track down, and more expensive to solve last minute, than to go in prepared.

Also, I personally would not run a PC based show off of a shared system. If the LOR control panel is running with other software, you will need a more powerful system to increase the odds that LOR doesn't get starved of processing time. I do have LOR and Zara Radio on the same system, but Zara is paused when LOR is running a show.

this is a standalone system just for LOR...i dont plan on sequencing on this computer it is just to run the show in the background which im wondering if it needs 500mhz or can use a little older one i know LOR 1 worked fine