Light-O-Rama Forums

Florida Mini at Lori's Lighted D'lites on September 19th!

Michael B

I and Bill Vanderslice are pleased to announce the Florida Mini 09' will be Saturday, September 19th at Lori's Lighted D'Lites. Here is her address:

Lori's Lighted D'Lites
21535 US Highway 301 North
Lawtey, Florida 32058

We will start at 10 am and end whenever. Lori and Gene are graciously opening up their 10,000 sq. ft. store and shop to us for the day. Gene is going to open up his wireframe shop to us. He will demonstrate how to make wireframes and let you try. Their wireframe store is something to see. It is amazing to see all their wonderful frames lit and shining bright!

Please let me know what you want to see at the Mini. What topics do you want covered? More info to come shortly.

Michael Beason

BobinFL wrote:

Michael Sounds great!!!!! Thanks for all the effort you guys have put out to make this work.

Bob Chrisp

Sebastian FL

Bob, You are welcome and I hope you can make it. I have wanted to meet you for a long time.

Michael

Please let me know if you can make it and how many. You may post it here or PM me. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge, please let me know.

I'm looking for someone to share tips for LOR 2 sequencing. PM me if you are interested.

Here is Lori's website:

http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/index.asp

This Mini is going to be fun and informative. We are going to set it up so you can meet and get to know each other. Please bring photos and/or any display items you would like to show us. I will have a screen and a projector for anyone to use.

Let me know what you want out of this Mini. Start posting!

• 2 weeks later...

Things are coming along nicely on the program for the Lori mini. We have the following taking place.
1. Gene (Lori's husband) will do demo on building wireframes. This will be hands on presentation and will be very informative on how to build wireframes. He has offered to build a wireframe for each attendee. What would you like this to be? Your responses may determine what this is.
2. Doug Newsom will be doing presentation on LOR2. Any questions you might have on programming LOR2 will be answered here.
3. RJ is doing presentation on DMX using Vixen, LSP and LOR on wireless setup. This will then control lights on wireframes from Lori and this display will knock your socks off.
We may be announcing one more surprise but it is too early to announce it.
Bill V
Michael B

Lori is setting up activities for kids. Right now we have 3 kids from 9-11 years old. They will have fun putting lights on their own wireframe that they get to take home and several other fun activities. I'll let you know about the rest later...

Doug will have his cooker out back cooking up tasty hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the fixings... Compliments of Gene and Lori.

Right now we have have 22 people coming: 19 adults and 3 kids. We have 4 other that might be able to make it. These are great numbers for this early. Many more are welcome!

I would like for anyone who has some thing to bring to show and tell, please let me know. I'm trying to organize a show n' tell. Home made Mega tree toppers, Leaping arches, North poles, Mini trees, coro projects, wood projects, PVC projects or anything you would like to share.

This is going to be a fun, informative, new friend making event. I hope you all can make it. Please bring a friend!

Thanks for the effort you and Bill have and will put into this little get together. things seem to be a bit more organized this time around . I don't post very often but I do read almost every day and you now have my attention. It will be about a 6hr.drive, but the wife and I will be there. I do have 1 curiosity question, you mentioned Gene offered to make a wireframe for each of us. I am about to have him make a igloo for me, should I just wait till the mini or is he making all the same thing for everyone? Either way its still a very nice gesture and I would like to thank him ahead of time. See ya at the mini :)Paul & Marcia

Paul,

You are welcome. I have you and your wife down as coming. That make 24 coming and 6 maybes.

Gene will be making the same wireframe for everyone is my guess. If you want anything in particular, I would call them, order it, and pick it up at the Mini to save shipping.

I know I am going to buy the three Wiseman and probably some clips. I probably get something else, but I want to have fun selecting it with my daughter.

It will be great meeting you and Marcia.

Michael

Update: 26 attending and 7 might come. We are going to have a great turnout! If you are thinking of coming let me know, there is plenty of room. Yes, you may bring a guest, just let me know!

Michael

Up date time: We have 33 people committed to coming and 11 more that hope to come to the Florida Mini. This is shaping up to be the largest Florida Mini yet.

This event is free: thanks to Lori and Gene. :)

If you are wanting to buy, sell, trade; post it here.

58 more days!

Lori, Gene, Bill, and I are so looking forward to seeing old friends again and meeting many new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Up date time: We have 41 people committed to coming and 17 more that hope to come to the Florida Mini. If you are interested in joining in on the fun let me know by posting here.

46 days until we all meet at Lori's Lighted D'Lites! I hope to see you there!

This sounds amazing! You guys really put a lot of effort into this and I wish I could join you, but I got school coming up and thats a lonnggg drive from Boca. But definitely post some pictures!!

Thanks! If you change your mind let me know. I drove to the Georgia Mini in Atlanta and to RePLUS in Louisville. Driving to Lawtey would be long but not to bad. I will post pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Up date time: We have 53 people committed to coming and 17 more that hope to come to the Florida Mini.
:(
29 days until we all meet at Lori's Lighted D'Lites! I hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

The Florida Mini
10 am until ?
Lori's Lighted D'Lites
21535 US Highway 301 North
Lawtey, Florida 32058

(904) 782-3701 or toll-free (877) 647-4906

Food:Coffee, danish, juice, etc... for morning
Hamburgers, hot dogs, bake beans, etc... for lunch
(If you need to have a special diet, please bring it with you. smile.gif)

This event is free. The space and food is provided by Gene and Lori the owners of Lori's Lighted D'Lites.

Presentations:
Wireframe making by Gene, the owner of Lori's
Wireframe lighting by the other owner and wife Lori
DIY, DMX, and much more by RJ
LED's, Cosmic Color Ribbon, RGB rope light by Bill Vanderslice
LOR2 by Doug
Several decorators will be sharing what they have been working on.

Buy/Sale/Trade: You are encouraged to bring items to sale, buy items from each other, or trade.

Lori and Gene will have high quality, made in their shop wireframes to purchase. Check their website: http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/ for an extensive list with pictures.

Attendees are encouraged to bring something they are working on or have completed to share, bring a photo album of your display, your lap top with photos and/or videos, etc...

If you need help or have a question about decorating, make sure you ask. There is going to be some incredible talent at this Mini. Introduce yourself and get to know your fellow decorators.

Lori, Gene, Bill, and I want this Mini to be for to meet and get to know other decorators, ask questions, share what you are doing, get help, network, shop, help someone else, sale something, etc. What we don't want is for you to feel you have to sit through every presentation and not meet anyone. We hope to see many of you chatting off to the side exchanging ideas.

As of 9-02 we have 59 people attending.

Here is info on places to stay by Lori's:

Motels:

Best Western
1290 N. Temple Street
Starke, Florida
(904) 964-6744

Days Inn
1101 N. Temple Street
Starke, Florida
(904) 964-7600

Red Carpet Inn
744 N. Temple Street
Starke, Florida
(904) 964-5590

That's about it in Starke in reference to ones most know, have few smaller ones. These are all within 5-6 miles of our shop.

Campground:
KOA Campground
1475 S. Walnut Street
Starke, Florida
(904) 964-8484
We are almost positive they have cabins.

I'm getting really excited! The Florida Mini is in 11 days! santasmileyitty.gif

We have some talented people ready to share what they know about LOR 2, DMX, DIY, LED's, wireframes, and more.

If you have any questions about your display, bring them to the Mini. There will be someone there who can probably answer it. I know I have several LOR2 sequencing questions. I have been sequencing a lot lately and I hope there must be some shortcuts, I don't know.

If you have said you might come, please let me know. If you told me you are coming, but can't make it, please let me that, too. Lori and Gene need to know so they will have plenty of food for everyone. A breakfast snack and lunch will be provided. This event is free thanks to Lori and Gene.

We have 61 people coming so far!

See you all soon!