Light-O-Rama Forums

LAS to LMS

cmoore60

Is there an easy way to make a animation sequence into a musical sequence. I am thinking like have a mp3 that is nothing but silence for the time of the animation sequence.

Why? you say? Animation sequences and Musical sequences are handled differently within a show.

Chuck

Try renaming it again..

As for the different behavior in the show, have you tried putting the animation sequence in the musical sequence tab? You have to change the setting for what type of files are shown, but my recollection is that you can put either LMS, or LAS files in the musical sequence tab, while the animation sequence tab only accepts animation sequences.

Sometime last year the behavior of animation files was modified under the musical tab. An animation sequence runs the same all the time, and can be interrupted. A musical sequence will not get interrupted.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

I tried that and ended up with something that looked like sequences.lms.las

".lms.las" sounds like maybe your file extensions are hidden. Do you have the windows explorer / folder option unchecked for "Hide extension for known file types" ?

Also, I think you'll need to edit the file in notepad. You need to add the "musicFilename" attribute in the sequence element (second line). You should be able to copy it out of an existing lms file.

Don't forget to make a backup copy.

Editing the XML as rwertz suggested, along with modifying the extension, should work, but it's very easy to make a mistake in the XML that will render the file incomprehensible to LOR. I think a safer way would be this:

(1) Export the channel configuration of the animation sequence.

(2) Start a new musical sequence; in the "Channel Setup" section of the New Musical Sequence Options dialog, select "Use a saved channel configuration template", and choose the channel config file that you created in step (1).

(3) Copy/paste your timings from the animation sequence to the musical sequence.

(4) Copy/paste your effects from the animation sequence to the musical sequence.

(5) Save the musical sequence.

rwertz wrote:

".lms.las" sounds like maybe your file extensions are hidden. Do you have the windows explorer / folder option unchecked for "Hide extension for known file types" ?

File extensions are NOT hidden. I went to the LOR/Sequences folder and selected my file and then right clicked and did rename. I then added .lms to the end of the file name. The name changed to as I had previously mentioned.

Bob,

Thank you. That is kind of what I figured was going to need to happen.

Prior to S2 I do think you could just simply rename and change the extension. Then when you opened the file up you were asked for the musical file name.

Chuck