Light-O-Rama Forums

Technical Difficulties

JTowbin

I just started using LOR about a month ago. I have 16 channels and I just finished sequencing my lights for july 4th. I also built a 15 channel flag to use. I tested my LOR when I recieved it. But my problem is now when I go into LOR Hardware utility, it is unable to Locate the Light O Rama port when I click auto configure. So I ,in turn,cannot locate the unit. I tried every trick in the book to try and fix it! I unpugged and then replugged every different cable and turning these white nobs on my LOR board(I think they represent the unit #). I searched Planet Christmas and LOR forums and searched through the Help Tabs in the software. Nothing works!

I just just upgraded to S2 Advanced, I use a USB-485, own a LOR1602W Model 3.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated and I would love to get my July 4th show started!
-Joe

Guest wbottomley

In the drop down box under the set com port in the hardware utility, manually choose your port.

If it's not the correct one, choose the other one or until the correct one is found.

EDIT: after doing this the first time, you don't have to do it again.

Mountainwxman: When I look under the drop down bar I see Comm 1, 2, and 3. The first time I was using, Comm 4. Does that mean anythng to you? Well, I manually selected each one, They all say "The Light-O-Rama Network has been set to Port (1,2, or 3)", but when I try to refresh it, it can not find any units.

Ponddude: I don't think its the firmware, it worked before on what ever firmware I am using. But I am probably wrong so how do you know what firmware you are using for your adapter and how do I upgrade it?

JTowbin wrote:

I just started using LOR about a month ago. I have 16 channels and I just finished sequencing my lights for july 4th. I also built a 15 channel flag to use. I tested my LOR when I recieved it. But my problem is now when I go into LOR Hardware utility, it is unable to Locate the Light O Rama port when I click auto configure. So I ,in turn,cannot locate the unit. I tried every trick in the book to try and fix it! I unpugged and then replugged every different cable and turning these white nobs on my LOR board(I think they represent the unit #). I searched Planet Christmas and LOR forums and searched through the Help Tabs in the software. Nothing works!

I just just upgraded to S2 Advanced, I use a USB-485, own a LOR1602W Model 3.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated and I would love to get my July 4th show started!
-Joe

Have you rebooted the PC? On the rare cases when the com port does freak out, you will not able to get a connection until you reboot windows. Make sure your USB cable is connected firmly to your 485 and PC.

i had the same thing happen .and i had to right click on my computer icon,go to properties and to hardware then todevice manager,double click on ports (com & lpt),right click on hardware changes, and when it finds it let it find drivers on the internet , then you can use com 4, mine works great after it found my com port 4, hope this helps .gail

gail bell wrote:

i had the same thing happen .and i had to right click on my computer icon,go to properties and to hardware then todevice manager,double click on ports (com & lpt),right click on hardware changes, and when it finds  it let it find drivers on the internet , then you can use com 4, mine works great after it found my com port 4, hope this helps .gail

THANK YOU sooo much!! That makes sense, why didn't I think of that?

Now it finds the correct port and The LED on the controller is steady and not flashing, but when I try to refresh the network, it cannot find any units. If anyone knows how to fix THIS problem, let me know!

Thanks,
Joe

What is your unit ID set to on the controller and what is your max unit ID set to in the hardware utility. If the hardware utility is not set higher than the unit number on the controller, the hardware utility does not scan high enough.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

What is your unit ID set to on the controller and what is your max unit ID set to in the hardware utility. If the hardware utility is not set higher than the unit number on the controller, the hardware utility does not scan high enough.

Chuck

how can I tell what my unit # is? The knob on the controller where I choose it has no way of indicating to what number or letter it is pointing to.
-Joe

be sure you disable shows while working in the hardware utility, after i located my ports ,i had to un plug the controller and plug back in , and reboot the computer,hope this helps ,gail

I finally got it! I had to widen my search of controllers from 5 to 240 units!! I am so happy!!, ill put a link in the thread later to some of the videos I will make.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP!!!!