Light-O-Rama Forums

Input Triggers

cmoore60

I purchased the input trigger adapter board. I am playing with them with some simple created sequences of like 15 seconds long. I am testing this on a CTB16KD board.

I have one sequence that when played in the editor plays one time thru and stops. But yet when I have it set up in the Majic Toy, it plays forever, well until another button is pressed. I can even press all 3 buttons and each sequence play thru one time, EXCEPT the problem sequence. I have tried defining the problem sequence to another botton and it behaves the same way. I guess it would be worthy of noting, the problem sequences is simply 15 seconds of shimmer on one channel. No the USB cable is not filtered. The adapter is the USB485B.

The way I really am hoping to work this. My main show is an animated show with songs scheduled at the desired times. I was hoping to have the buttons to be able to trigger a musical sequence and stop the animated sequence. Then when the musical sequence has completed, the animation will start playing again.

This is probably driver error. But no better time to learn than the off season.

Chuck

I changed the problem sequence from 15 seconds of shimmer to a 3 second up/down fade. Seems to all work as advertised, except for having a sequence or set of sequences that would run all the time and then be interrrupted by the button activated sequences. Could be that I am misunderstanding how this should work.

Since changing the sequence away from the shimmer. I am thinking that it is noise on the USB cable that will not allow the stop signal to get to the controller at the end of 15 seconds.

Dan, Any comments?

Chuck

Sequences from interactive groups don't interrupt sequences from the "main" portion of the show (with the exception of musical sequences, since only one can be playing at a time).

Are you saying that if I have a musical sequence in the main musical tab and have an interactive group with musical sequences. The buttons would work in the way i described I want them to work?

Chuck

That depends what you mean.

If you have a musical sequence in the main musical tab, and an interactive group with musical sequences, and nothing else, then yes.

But if you also have, say, sequences in the animation section, they will not be interrupted. Only the musical sequence will be interrupted, and that only by a musical sequence.