Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama and Color Splash

Coasterfanbase

Does anyone know or can tell me how I can make a color splash out of LEDs and/or hook it up to a Light O Rama setup, and if it helps i do not want the board only DC, I preferably would want it to stay AC.

Here is how I did a wash fixture last year. I took one of those rectangular, plastic, window box type flower pots. I cut a piece of plywood so it would fit about 1 inch below the top of the window box. I bought 3 each red, blue, and green MR16 LEDs from Wirekat at http://www.christmasinkent.com/MR16sales/MR16sales.htm. I mounted them in the plywood after cutting nine appropriately sized holes to hold the MR16s. I wired all the red together, as well as the blue and the green. I drilled three holes in the bottom of the pot to pass a set of wires out for each color. Although I used the DC controller, you can use 12 volt AC on these LEDs with a regular LOR controller. I can't remember off the top of my head which bank you have to use, but I believe it is the left side of the board (someone please correct me if I am wrong). To seal the top of the flower pot (front of the light fixture), I cut a piece of diffusing plastic that you can get at any hardware store -- the kind used to go over flourescent light fixtures -- and sealed it over the opening with hot glue. It worked like a champ. Using LOR, I could light any individual color or combination of colors.

I was planning to make more this year, but am waiting to see if Craig's XMAS Lights make it to market in time for this season.