Light-O-Rama Forums

New Firmwares Associated with 2.3.4?

cmoore60

I was just exploring the new software and I was in the hardware utility. For kicks I went to the firmware tab and looked to see if there was new firmware. There are a number of files with a 6/10/2009 date. Is there anywhere that says what the new versions of firmware will do for us?

I would take a guess about the firmware for the controllers. At least one of the changes for the controllers seems to be the option of N.O. or N.C. contacts for inputs.

What other new features do we have that require the new firmware?

Chuck

There is a documented ability to read the configured min and max values from the controller, but I don't know if that requires the new firmware.

Speaking of firmware........

Does the firmware for the controllers ever expire....like the software will if you don't upgrade?? I wouldn't think so.

I just ran into another ?..........If you don't upgrade the software and get the license key before it expires, can you still get the free license after the software expires? I kind of want to wait a bit to upgrade - letting the newness calm down, bugs (if any) worked out, and read up on any tips and tricks.

I'll search more threads to find answers to my above q's.......check back here later.....

Sorry for hijacking this thread, cmoore60, but you got me thinking..............

Paul, I have never seen firmware expire. Your key is your key. If you have it, save it and use it when you are ready to update.

iresq wrote:

Paul, I have never seen firmware expire. Your key is your key. If you have it, save it and use it when you are ready to update.

That is correct. firmware never expires AND of course now that we have license support in the S2 software, S2 versions 2.3.4 and higher never expire as well.