Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating to 2.1.6 from 2.0.16

BILL VANDERSLICE

I posted this on hardware which was wrong location so I am reposting here.

Running Vista on current Compac Presario. Updated to 2.1.6 and system runs for 4 or 5 sequences and freezes up and screen goes 1/2 bright. The only way to correct is to shut down and reboot. It then works normal for a while and then freezes up again. This has also happened with my hardware window twice. I downloaded this update from flash drive as this PC is not on line. Maybe I should do update on line! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bill

Bill,

Not sure what your problem is, but why are you trying to install 2.1.6? It expires on June 30 and will not be extended. Have you downloaded the latest version, 2.3.4? This is the licensed version that replaces 2.1.6.

Denny

Thanks a lot for info. I read on forums that 2.1.6 replaced 2.0.16 that expired in Feb. and I was down with 2.0.16 so made what I thought was latest update. I obviously don't spend enough time on forums to stay up with latest and greatest. I only go to forums when I have a problem so dumb on me! Guess I better spend more time checking out forums. I will try downloading 2.3.4. and hope it solves my freeze up problem.

Bill

Laptop? If so, it sounds like maybe you are locking up when power saving features are kicking in. On my show PC, which is a laptop, I have turned all power saving features off. There is also an enhancement in how the USB-485 adapters are handled, which should help as well, but if the USB is somehow being powered off in the power scheme, that will still be a problem.

Laptop? If so, it sounds like maybe you are locking up when power saving features are kicking in.

There was a fix made for a problem where the USB adapter would cause LOR to freeze after Windows suspended. This fix was released in version 2.3.4 (although the latest is now 2.3.6).

Not sure if this is the same problem or not, but it might be, or it might be fixed by the recent change even if it's not exactly the same problem.