Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.3.4 DMX Enable/Disable Bug

WayneKremer

Running LOR 2.3.4 on XP. Open an existing LOR sequence, go to preferences, Allow DMX editing, go back in and uncheck Allow DMX editing. Move mouse. I consistently get the attached error.

Wayne

Attached files 175901=10070-Bug.GIF

Actually, I mis-typed. This problem occurs regardless of doing any preferences. Just moving the mouse around on the grid causes it. Granted, my grid was zoomed out pretty far, but after a short time, I will get the error (with different values) if it move the mouse enough over the grid.

I found that I can ALMOST consistently get the problem when moving the cursor from the grid to the channel name. The micro-minisecond (whatever that is) it leaves the grid and touches the channel name is when it occurs. Just move the mouse quickly back and forth between the two areas and it'll happen quickly.

Wayne

Zoomed which way? I've tried one of my old sequences zoomed in to 1/2 second across the full width of the screen, or zoomed out to 60 seconds on the width of the screen, with no issues.

Also, do you know if you used skew timings on this sequence in the past? It almost sounds like maybe there is an event that starts at a negative time... I'm guessing that Bob will want a copy of your sequence.

klb, after researching more, I found that the zoom won't matter much. It occurs at all different zoom levels. Now it is possible that I skewed the track last year, but honestly, I can't remember. :D I can send the sequence and MP3 to as needed whomever needs it. :)

Wayne

I am able to see this issue and get it to repeat each and every time.

I call up any of my sequences, hit the zoom out button 2 or 3 times to make the timing squares smaller on the monitor, and then move the mouse cursor really fast back and forth within the timing grid.

Then once I cross the vertical line to the left that separates the timing grid from the channel buttons, the error occurs as soon as I go from the timing grid portion of the sequence over to the channel buttons or vice versa with my mouse.

But you have to be moving your mouse pretty fast before-hand.

The error occurs every time. It says "Invalid centisecond for finding timing: -15". The number sometimes is different.

Does anybody else see this?

Randy

Randy, glad I'm not the only one. :D I found that I don't need to necessarily move fast across the grid to the channels to make it happen...it just makes it appear faster.

Wayne

OK, I also can get this to happen, using the back-and-forth method. We'll get it fixed. We're currently busy with a high priority fix related to licensing, though, and this problem seems more like an annoyance than a sequencing-killer (please correct me if I'm wrong), so it may be some time before we get to it.

Sorry for the problem, and thanks for pointing it out.

if this helps - it seems to occur (for me) more often when scrolling or selecting from right to left but almost never when selecting from left to right if that helps anyone
Mike