Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrade

Clyde Dearing

I upgraded my LOR to 2.1.6 but I wanted to change where the audio and sequences are located. I would like to go back to the default C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaSequences (or Audio). For the life of me I can not find anywhere to change this. Seems like it should be under Preferences. I have tried several times to un-install LOR and then re-install. It goes to default directories in the old 1.5 and 1.6 but when I upgrade to 2.1.6 it always goes to a directory I used to use.

Anyone have any ideas??? This is driving me nuts having to find the right directory every time I want to open a sequence.

Clyde,

If you select all the standard defaults when you upgrade to S2 then the storage locations will change. The default storage locations were even changed in later version of LOR I to accomodate Vista.

If you wish to use other than the defaults. You will have to uninstall S2 possibly doing the regwipe thing to clean the entried in the registry. Reinstall. I believe that the file locations are actually addressed the first time you run the sequence editor after the fresh install. The first time you run the editor the software will tell you the folders do not exist, do you want to create.

Chuck

I thought you could run the LORPost.exe program in the light-o-rama Program Files folder and change the default location there?

You are correct. Essentially that is the program that runs when you first launch the editor after a fresh install.

As I typed last night I was thinking there is an easier way.

Sorry for my confusion.

Chuck