Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Error in Pop-Up Window

b_Regal78

I have created an animation using a background image. When the background image is removed from the animation, an error sometimes appears. When editing the animation, without the image, a pop-up window apears indicating the following:

Invalid Value for Columns

.............Please enter a number from 1 to 200.

The animation has a size of 214 (rows) by 380 (columns). The size of the animation was automatically selected from an JPG which is 1140 pixels in width and 643 pixels in height. I'm using LOR 2.1.16.

To create the initial size of the animation, I loaded the JPG image into the animation window, selected the "plus" twice to make the animation grid finer e.g. make the boxes (or grid pixels) small to get a little better resolution in the animation. I created the animation without any problems; however, when you remove the background image from the animation and only animation remains, the above error sometimes appears. I'm not sure why. With the background image, everything is fine.

Sure, when you view the animation, you have to change the zoom (and zoom out a bit), but it works fine with the background image only.

I have other animations which are larger, with the largest animation being 440 columns. I have never received this error before. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's some additional information: It's not that the JPG is to large. LOR allows you to change the granularity of the animation after it's loaded. There is a PLUS and a MINUS on the left hand side of the window when loading the background image. This is how the granualrity is changed, which in turn makes the background image and animation larger. It is also how the animation gets it's size. This animation is something I'm doing for a friend. I have never seen this error in my own personal animations, which are 440 columns wide and having somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 rows. Something else to note: the error nevers appears when I'm using the background image; only when the image is removed. Additionally, the error seems to occur when I'm modifing the animation (without the background image). I can play the animation just fine, with or without the background image, with no problems; I just can not always modify it without getting this error. When I add the background image, I can again modify the animation without getting any errors. Really strange.

It looks like 200 x 200 is the largest resolution you can have without an image. I just removed the image on one of my sequences. After I did that, every time I clicked away from the Rows / Columns entry I got the message you talked about.

After you remove the image, go up to the size and reduce the Rows and Columns to something less than 200. Once you get them both set, the message should go away. You will lose any animation drawn outside the new dimensions.

Reg

Yeah - I figured that out. I'm just hoping that is not the answer. Funny though - I have never seen it before. And I hope one of the LOR guys says they are going to fix it in 2.1.17 (or whatever is the next release).

If you want to keep the size, and not have a background image, you could make yourself a suitably sized .jpg of all black. Then use it as the background image.