Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving channels within a sequence or from a downloaded one to your own

LENNY RUEL

I'm having trouble finding this in the tutorials, probably looking in the wrong place... but here is what I'm doing now.

Besides sequencing several songs from scratch I have downloaded several to use either parts of, or all of.

I have 64 channels currently. Say I download a sequence that happens to be 64 channels as well and I want to move it's different channels to "fit" my displays light arrangement via cut, copy and paste.

How I started one last night was I copied and pasted the first 16 channels to extra channels at the bottom of my config to open these up to then moved some of the next 48 randomly up to various channels to fill these all back in. Next would be the next 16 and so on. This all works fine. My question is is there a quick way to do the cut or copy and paste? I'm clicking on the first cell and dragging down the number of channels and then dragging all the way to the end of the song the ones to move out and use later on. Then I click on Cut, and paste them at the end just by clicking on the first cell. Then I go to the channel or channels I want to move in to these newly vacated channels and do the same.

I'm assuming there a way to do this without dragging to the end of the song? it takes to long.

I'm also assuming it would then be the same IF I had a blank 64 channel sequence created and wanted to use 64 channels off of a sequence with say 96?

I could select a channel or group on the larger sequence and copy and paste to my 64 channel? Thanks in Advance.

Lenny Ruel

Here is a faster way to copy cells.

1. Select the first cell in the number of rows you want to copy, ie 8 rows.

2. Now go to EDIT/SELECT/ROWS, this will select the entire 8 rows without doing a move to the end of the sequence.

3. Now do a EDIT/COPY, this will copy the information in each cell.

4. If you need to copy the timing then also do a EDIT/COPY TIMING. Make sure you still have the entire row still selected.

5. Move to your new sequence and select the first cell you want to start the paste.

6. If you are adding the timing then do EDIT/PASTE TIMING a dialog box will come up and just click OK, your timing will be filled in.

7. Now to copy the light functions, make sure you have the first cell selected then do EDIT/PASTE and you are done.

Hope this is clear.

OR....
Click on the first cel(s) of the channels you want to copy then hold SHIFT and press the END key then (CTRL + C)

Click on the first cel you want to past and (Ctrl +V)

Thanks for the replies. The other nioght I used the directions from Dennis Cherry and completely rearranged a 64 channel sequence to my 64 channel configuration in about an hour and 30 minutes. Imported the sequence, noted his configuration as to what came on with each channel, then imported my config and cut and pasted all 64 channels to the end and brought them back up one at a time or in groups where I could as I decided what I wanted plugged in on my channel configurtion. My config is pretty easy of course. I have four channels each of red, green, and clear on the front of my house, the same on four 7' tripod trees set out in front of each section of the front. A channel with 2100 of each red, green and clear again on a maple in the middle of the front yard. A pair of 15' leaping arches on either end of my front yard that mirror each other with 9 channels on each (need the "clap" in the middle ability). To finish it off for this year coming then 2 dozen curtain strobes on a channel spaced randomly around the roof and front of the house, another dozen on a seperate channel for the mega tree and of course a 12' mini mega tree with 16 channels all with multi strings of red, green, and clear (2 per channel up and back down). This would be my next place to expand by going seperate colors of 16 channels plus maybe doing the chasing center pole (next year?)

So pretty easy to work with the muliples of 4 in three colors and the 16 channel mega. The only odd ball really is the arches which is why I have some extra channels for that maple tree and the strobes. Should be just as easy to take a 32 or 48 channel and fill in the others to get to 64. So far the first half dozen sequences for this year where my own from scratch. Now with new short cuts this I'll be able to get some others done quicker that I can borrow and modify.

I am really looking forward to this year vs the 16 channel start I got last year. Now IF we would just get a foot of snow so everything looks good rather than what we got buried with this year....Of course up to the last couple Christmases we have had brown ones 5 or 6 of the prior 7 years so I shouldn't complain to much.

Lenny