Light-O-Rama Forums

North Poles

cenote

Thought I'd share an idea I had for making North Poles. I am shore somebody else has done same, but haven't seen pics. I wanted a clean look for for my spot lights to be mounted and thought of this. Still looking to find something to make the top globes out of. Striking out of stores to look in, looked in all the craft shops around here (Michelle, Moores, etc..) :(:( Any ideas?

Also, still trying to figure out a "hatch" door in rear, to get to connections for ssr's cards.

Attached files 175248=10037-DSCF0447.JPG

Glad to see this idea again. Had forgoten about Gary's idea which I find very interesting. I've been looking for the acrylic globes at Lowes and HD, only to come up empty.

When I did mine I got my 6 globes at 3 different HD's. They are hit or miss. Like Gary said, make sure you use acrylic. My tall one fell over about a million times over the last two years and if I had to replace the globe each time, I would probably scream. I found that Lowe's never has the acrylic globes but HD is hit or miss. I have to make 4 more this year and need to find some.

Here is my how-to.

http://www.freewebs.com/manorchristmas/northpolelights.htm

toymakr000 wrote:

I got my globes at Lowes. HD had them too but they cost more
Which department are they in? Can't find them.

TIA