Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.1.6 installed twice

Denny

I built a new PC to run LOR, sequence, and edit music & videos, control animation, etc. It's a quad 4, Vista 64 bit machine. I installed LOR I and opened the sequence editor one time. I then downloaded the latest version of LOR II and installed it. When I open Programs in Windows, there are two entries for LOR. One entry is "Light-O-Rama" and the other is "LightORama" (without the dashes). When I select either program, Version 2.1.6 opens. How did I get two LOR programs installed? Should I uninstall both entries and reinstall? If so, how do I assure that I don't get two programs installed again?

You're talking about "All Programs" in your computer's "Start" menu, right? If so:

There was a certain version of LOR 1 that had a bug in it that caused it to be installed as "LightORama", without the dashes. The LOR 2 upgrader doesn't get rid of this entry. It does, however, get rid of all the LOR 1 executable files, and replaces them with LOR 2 files, so that's why LOR 2 opens no matter which you use.

It shouldn't cause any issues; I would suggest just not worrying about it. If it bothers you, though, it should be fine to just delete the entry without the dashes.

If you're talking about something other than your "Start" menu entries, please let me know. Thanks.

Bob, you hit it on the head. It doesn't really bother me, as long as I know which is the correct one and it won't interfere with the program. As long as it doesn't present a problem, I will leave well enough alone. Thank you.