Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Sequences to the sequence editor folder

Linda

I have some sequences that I've downloaded. I made a folder in my documents and named it "LOR sequences" and downloaded the sequences there. How do I add them to the Light O Rama sequence folder? I've tried dragging them in the folder and copying them to the folder, but when I get in the sequence editor it doesn't recognize them. I opened up the simple show builder and the only sequences that were in there were the free Trans Siberian Orchestra ones I downloaded from the LOR site and one other one that I don't remember what I did to make it show up in sequence editor sequences folder. Do I have to download these sequences again and send them to the sequence folder in the LOR folder? I can work on a sequence that's in the LOR sequence folder in my documents, but I have to go back to that folder each time. HELP!!!

Glad you figured it out Linda......... is this your 1st year as a Lor user? It is my 2nd year using controllers but I was a AL user last year and now my eyes were opened lol and I went with Lor this year.....which was my 1st choice last year.....but went with another brand.......oh well my mistake.

If you cannot find a sequence on ..... www.lorsequences.com .....please ask and I can see what I have in my bag of shared Lor sequences.

Tip of the day....join Windows live SkyDive......and put your finished sequences their and if your computer go "lights out" well then your sequences are at least safe.

Of course you have no doubt an external hard drive but I thought that you may want to store your finish sequences elsewhere too.

Scott

Yes this is my first year as a LOR user. I won the "Cat1 - Static" display in the LOR contest this year and my prize was a 16 channel starter package! I was SHOCKED!!! I LOVE the computerized displays! If you have some 16 channel sequences you would be willing to share with me that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip. I will check Skydive out. I'd hate to lose my work. I do plan to put them on a zip drive too for safe keeping. This forum and people like you have helped me soooo much. I'm beginning to think I can learn how to do this now! :smile:

Linda wrote:

Yes this is my first year as a LOR user. I won the "Cat1 - Static" display in the LOR contest this year and my prize was a 16 channel starter package! I was SHOCKED!!! I LOVE the computerized displays! If you have some 16 channel sequences you would be willing to share with me that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip. I will check Skydive out. I'd hate to lose my work. I do plan to put them on a zip drive too for safe keeping. This forum and people like you have helped me soooo much. I'm beginning to think I can learn how to do this now! :smile:

Way to go...... wow winning a Lor controller, that is great. I won back to back contests in my home town in 2001 & 2002 and I was grateful, but to win a Lor controller is something special. Well done.

You said "I'd hate to lose my work", well I too would hate to see you lose your work as well.....I have been there and have done that and I almost didn't have a show for Christmas eve and day..... thank God I had some extra sequences in another folder.....but the main part of my show was gone.

So now I have back up on SkyDive an an external HD, and I will be adding them to a second computer for extra backup......once I figure how to get S2 on Windows XP.

Please email me (look under members list) ... and tell me what sequences you have and perhaps if you cannot find a sequence at ...... Light-O-Rama Sequences.com - .......then I can send you sequences I found that are not on the web site.

So please send me an email.

Best regards,
Scott

Congratulations on the win!!!!!! Do you have any pictures? If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Welcome aboard.

• 1 month later...

Hi Linda:
I've been having the same problem. Can you share the thread that solved the problem.
Thanks
Judy

Hi Linda:
Not really. However I certainly leaned a few things from your advice. Being a MAC user, the PC confuses me.
I did get the songs put into Audio file. My Audio was also placed under My Documents. However when opening a new musical sequence, only the original songs from last year appears. The audio file does not come up. Rather the Media file opens. For some reason, the audio file does not open in the LOR software program. I just updated to 2.3.4, maybe something to do with the update???
Still trying. Will get back to it in about a week and will probably be seeking more advice. Christmas is just around the corner for hobbies like this. I'm still a real amateur.
Any advice is always appreciated. Thanks.
Judy

Judy,

You said you placed audio files in MyDocuments. Technically, they should be in MyDocuments/Light-O-Rama/Audio. That is the default location that if you do not change when you initially run LOR after the first install.

Chuck

Like Chuck said, when you install LOR software there is a folder created in "My Documents" named Light-O-Rama. When you open that folder there are two folders inside that folder. One is a sequence folder and the other is an audio folder. That's where your sequences and audio files should be placed. You can either download them to those folders or move them there. When you open the sequence editor those sequences should show up in the Light O Rama box that pops up. When you click on the sequence you want to work on you'll more than likely have to browse for the audio the first time. Browse to the "My Documents/Light-ORama/audio folder and click on the audio file you want. After you finish working on that sequence be sure to click save before exiting and the next time you open the sequence the audio will have been saved as well and you won't have to browse for that again. If this doesn't help let me know. Perhaps someone else could rephrase in a way that would make it more understandable. We'll keep plugging away until you get it. This is a great place to come for help.

Hi Linda:
I only get to work on this program once a week.

I'm going to give this another try and then quit bothering you.

I went under My Documents, Light O Rama, Audio File. Found the songs I have downloaded that I wish to use.

When I use LOR Control Panel, then Sequence Editor, then open My Documents, LOR Folder, Audio foler (in that order) the songs are not the same. They are not showing up under the program, however show up on my desktop.

Your first post you mentioned you found a thread and figured it out. Where was the thread???

Chuck suggested to go into Sequence Editor, then Edit and click on Media File. However Media file is not highlighted so won't open.
The only thing I can think of is that I don't have a controller connected to the computer. Would this make a difference??
Thanks again
Judy

Judy, As I recall it was the thread started by gail bell on April 6 titled "I need help please-new to LOR" which he started in the newbie section. Read that thread and if that doesn't help you solve your problem pm me and I'll send you my phone number or you can send me yours and we'll try to figure out what the problem is....Linda