Light-O-Rama Forums

Pilot error?

sjmiller

I started sequencng Linus & Lucy (Peanuts) track 1 is .05 timing, track 2 is the beat wizard. As I scroll down the song - it always starts at the beginning of the song - even though I have play visable screen selected. What have I done wrong?

Steve

I have verified that all of my settings are duplicated from the previous six songs I have sequenced. The audio, lights and timing stay synchronized as I scroll down the song and play "visible screen" on those songs.

If I scroll to the right 5 seconds, play visible screeen - the audio is off (delayed) by about .7 seconds from the waveform, timing marks, and previous sequence programming.

Anyone have any thoughts? Do I delete everything and start over?

Programming with MP3 or Wav? MP3 are know to have some issues with jumping in the middle in staying synced up. Try re-encoding your MP3 with audacity or using a WAV file to see if that fixes it.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

I just downloaded Audacity tonight, would it be best if I deleted the sequence and started over?

Gong forward - is .wav a better audio format to use with LOR?

I lost about 6 hours of song sequencing time trying to figure out what went wrong...

I have been asked by no less then 6 people in the last week - why am I working on my Christmas display - and they don't believe me when I say time is short:cool:

Steve

There are people that will actually sequence in wav format and then use the MP3 to run the show. It really seems to be a matter of preference.

You don't really have to blow away what you have done. Just us Audacity and re-encode and try that version with the work you have done. With Audacity I beleive you can make a wav out of the MP3 .

Just take a lil bit of time an see what works. No need to loose the 6 hours worth of work.

Chuck

sjmiller wrote:

Thanks Chuck,

I just downloaded Audacity tonight, would it be best if I deleted the sequence and started over?

Gong forward - is .wav a better audio format to use with LOR?

I lost about 6 hours of song sequencing time trying to figure out what went wrong...

I have been asked by no less then 6 people in the last week - why am I working on my Christmas display - and they don't believe me when I say time is short:cool:

Steve

Steve - I would use WAV files in the future, just to be safe. You don't have to start over... just open the MP3 in Audacity, and then click File, Export as WAV, and tell it where to save it. Then, back in your sequence, click Edit, Media File, and select your new WAV.

I do this will all my files, and have not had timing issues.

D.T.

Chuck & Dave,

Great advice! I used Audacity to convert the .mp3 to .wav, read the .wav in as the media file and everything is working as expected.

As a newbie that has never built/run a show - do I need to worry about the audio file format (.mp3 vs. .wav) if the show is running from my computer?

I assume that I will be taking the audio out from my computer into a pre-amp to drive the speakers in the front yard, and the FM xmitter. So it souldn't matter if I'm using .mp3 or .wav - right?

Steve

sjmiller wrote:

Chuck & Dave,

Great advice! I used Audacity to convert the .mp3 to .wav, read the .wav in as the media file and everything is working as expected.

As a newbie that has never built/run a show - do I need to worry about the audio file format (.mp3 vs. .wav) if the show is running from my computer?

I assume that I will be taking the audio out from my computer into a pre-amp to drive the speakers in the front yard, and the FM xmitter. So it souldn't matter if I'm using .mp3 or .wav - right?

Steve

You are correct, mp3 or wav off the computer makes no difference.

I gave the midi wizard a test drive the other night, it offers interesting capabilites.

Does anyone use midi for programmng home displays, or is wav & mp3 the default standard?

Steve