Light-O-Rama Forums

Mixing Showtime units with PC units ???

TWright

I'm pretty sure this has been covered somewhere but I'm going to ask it anyway.
Is it o.k. to mix a showtime controller with PC controllers? Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to do this?

I am the new proud owner of a showtime controller and am planning to add PC controllers to keep the cost down unless someone talks me out of it.

Thanks for your time,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I use 2 of the showtime controllers with 6 of the pc controllers in the same network and everything works just fine. I bought the two showtime controllers last year as a start up kit and have been buying the pc kits ever since because I have some wierd obsession with soldering! :-)

I could be wrong, but I think the only difference between the two other than the abvious box itself is that you cannot install the director card in the pc kits, which isn't a big deal to me.....not yet anyway.

I hope this helps you out a little!

Steve

Mix and match all you want. Only reason I can think of that you might not want to is if you are OCD and have to have all your controllers look alike.

Even with the director card not mounting in the case with the PC controller, the PC series still works with the director just fine. You just need to provide it a separate case.

TWright wrote:

PC controllers to keep the cost down unless someone talks me out of it.

Thanks for your time,
Tom

Well it wont be me......I have 9 PC controllers and hope to get number 10 in the June/July sale. I to want to have 1 ShowTime controller with the build in MP3/director for my interactive display.

I will have 6-9 sequences that people on the outside can choose from. They can push a button, or voice activate a sequence of their choice. I have a mini director too and so that should give me the 9 buttons I will need to do what I want to do.

Other wise I will buy 1 more PC controller but buy 1 or 2 DCMP3 player/director units and have maybe 15 sequences for the people to choose from.

Number 10 controller will be a spare in case one of the controllers go berserk.