Light-O-Rama Forums

NEW TO LOR AND NEED HELP PLEASE

gail bell

i been getting sequences from people and i put the in my sequence folder, i go to get the in the sequence editor and can't find them , but i go to windows explorer and they are there , but can't find the in sequnece editor,and sometimes it's like that with mp3 files ,they are in my audio folder, and where should i keep the files and can i only use lms files for lor, i'm stumped, been tring this over a week and getting really upset, can anyone help me here , and i don't know how to chance a file to lms.thanks again GAIL

There could be a few issues here. What version of LOR are you using? The most current only is 2.1.6 and if you are using the demo version from LOR, then it will not find the files. Also, if the files were created in 2.1.6, you can only open them in that version. They are not backwards compatible. There are also different file types. Make sure that you are opening musical sequences, (.lms) and not animations sequences (.lma). That will make a difference as well.

i have 1.6.15 version, bought it on ebay , and a lady sent it to me email , but sending hard copy this week , do you need to delete the demo version? thats where my sequnces i made was .thanks

i made my 2 sequences in the demo version , but it still dosen't find the sequences that i saved in sequence folder, i hope i don't have to delete them and start over,

some lms files come with a BAK file whats this?

A backup file. Whenever you save a sequence file, LOR automatically makes a backup copy of the sequence as it was before your changes, and saves it as a BAK file.

Note, though, that there's only one backup for any given sequence, at any given time - every time you save a sequence, its backup file will be overwritten. So, for example:

(1) Make a new sequence, with no effects, and save it to "MySequence.lms". Then:
  • MySequence.lms has no effects
(2) Change it to have a twinkle effect, and save it. Then:
  • MySequence.lms has a twinkle effect
  • MySequence.lms.bak has no effects

(3) Change it again to also have a fade up effect, and save it. Then:

• MySequence.lms has both a twinkle and a fade up
  • MySequence.lms.bak has a twinkle

Note that after you've done (3), the version with no effects is gone.

BAK files are automatic backups. I think the BAK came about with LOR 2 (S2). If that's the case, those sequences cannot be opened by LOR 1.

Did you buy though an approved vendor or private individual? If the latter, you will probably need to purchase a properly licensed version of the software and upgrade accordingly. I am sure LOR will help you along those lines.

With the older software, it might have shut itself down do due to an expired license.

Gail this is what I would do. If you have a legitimate copy of LOR 1, then install LOR 2(S2). The effects are better, there are more features and it is easier to use.

S2 will create a new directory for the files in your documents....LOR 1 didn't put it in your documents. In the explorer, put all your files you have already done in the S2 sequences folder in your documents. Then, see if you can open them. Just be aware though, once you save your file in S2, you will not be able to open them in any other previous version.

The current version of S2 is 2.1.6, and you can find the link in the "Important Announcements" section of this forum.

well i bought it from a person dealing lor products, she sent it to me by email , and is sending me the hard copy in the mail , be here this week , i don't have the # off it yet, guess i had two treads going here , so sorry for confussing everyone, but i found 2 sets of files one in programs and one in shard docs. so i deleted the free demo , and got rid of one set of files , now everything works great, but on the note of upgrading to the S2, where do you put it ? or do you replace the lor1 with it, thanks again everyone , gail

When you install S2 it is really just an upgrade. It will replace everything it needs to replace.