Light-O-Rama Forums

Finding my image.....

chowell

I've been wanting to build my sequences on my desktop pc, then run my shows from my notebook. I have found it to be more of pain than just building and running from the notebook. Now I have done a bit of work on the desktop and want to transfer back to the notebook. I can find the media file and get the audio back to the notebook so it will play in the sequence editor, but I can't find the background image. Is there a way to get the name of the image on my desktop (I have so many similar of my home I can't remember which one I used) from the sequence editor so I can copy it to the notebook? Also, does this even work? Will the image just replace all the drawing I have done in the visualizer or will it copy underneath the drawing?

Thanks in advance.
Corey

Is there a way to get the name of the image on my desktop

Are you using LOR II? If so, you can by opening up the sequence file in some sort of text editor (such as Notepad, which comes built-in to Windows) and looking for a line that (ignoring whitespace) starts with:

That line will look something like this:

Whatever it says in the "image" portion is the location of your background image.

Please be careful not to save any changes that you may accidentally make using Notepad, since, even if you're absolutely sure that you know exactly what you're doing, it's pretty easy to make a small mistake when manually editing in this fashion which will render the sequence incomprehensible to Light-O-Rama.

Note that, after you move it to the laptop, you might have to edit the sequence (using the Sequence Editor) to tell it the new location of your background image (you'll have to do this unless you copy it to the exact same directory and filename on your laptop as it was on your desktop).

Also, does this even work? Will the image just replace all the drawing I have done in the visualizer or will it copy underneath the drawing?

It should work fine - you should get both the drawing and the background image.

Edit: Well, unless you're saying you've already done drawing on the laptop, and are now going to insert a background image into it - in that case, you'll still see both the drawing and the background image, but I guess you can't have any real expectation that the drawing will "line up" with the background image.

If it is a simple move, with no new drawing, you may also have to try a few different settings of the + & - zoom to get the house to fit the drawing.. I have a couple that take +3 before the drawing and image line up again...

I was able to find the image exactly as you told me using notepad...thank you! However, when I add the image to the visualizer, it simply adds a new image with none of the drawing I have completed. It is just a blank photo again as If I started new. Any way to pull the drawing into it? If I don't have the photo, I can see the drawing on a blank black canvas.

Corey

Especially if there is nothing drawn in the top left of the window, this can happen. You may need to hit + a few times on the grid select window. However, if you have brought the image up without doing that, and clicked OK, it will erase the pixels outside of that new image area...

So you will need to start again with a version of the file where everything draws correctly without the background image, and try with more clicks on the + button...

Ok, hate to sound stupid but here is the line that Bob talks about;

and this is the end of the notepad file with another reference to animation

This is an animation for an animation sequence that I drew in the animation box in the sequence editor. It is not a "file image" per se, so is it possible to copy it from sequence to sequence so I don't have to redraw it again and again?

Attached files 174112=9963-DSC00232.JPG

If you export your channel configuration, and import the channel config into a different sequence, the animation window drawing will follow with it.