Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick LED Questions

WeissWelsh

I will be ordering my LED lights this week and have a couple of quick questions.

#1 -- I noticed there are two kinds of white LED lights ('Warm White' and 'Pure White'.) When using LED lights on arches and poles, which is the one that most people use?

#2 -- Which lights do most people put around their windows and on their roof lines? Is it mini lights or is it those bulbs called C6? ........ or something else all together?

#3 -- I 'think' I have read that the lights from LED Holiday Lighting allow for fading, intensity levels and all the other LOR functions. Is this true? Is that also true for the C6 Bulbs?

That's it ........................ for now ;)

Thanks so much for your help !!!

Bob

WeissWelsh wrote:

I will be ordering my LED lights this week and have a couple of quick questions.

#1 -- I noticed there are two kinds of white LED lights ('Warm White' and 'Pure White'.) When using LED lights on arches and poles, which is the one that most people use?

#2 -- Which lights do most people put around their windows and on their roof lines? Is it mini lights or is it those bulbs called C6? ........ or something else all together?

#3 -- I 'think' I have read that the lights from LED Holiday Lighting allow for fading, intensity levels and all the other LOR functions. Is this true? Is that also true for the C6 Bulbs?

That's it ........................ for now ;)

Thanks so much for your help !!!

Bob

Well Bob, the warm white have somewhat of a yellowish tint to them to look more like the incandescent style of bulb. I personally like the pure white myself and use them because of the nice bright white look. Probably a good idea to stick with one color for them rather than mix the warm and pure whites though so that you get the same "color" of white throughout your display.

It seems like as far as around windows and doors it is "generally perferred" to use C6 style although others will say that minis are just fine too. Then you use something like C7 or C9 around the roof outlines. Then use minis for bushes, arches, wireframes, etc. I like G12's for my mini trees and C6 for my mega tree and the minis for my arches and other things out in the yard. It is all more of a personaly preference as to what to use, but I like to use the different styles as it gives some depth to things.

Any of the Holiday Lighting LED lights will work with all the LOR functions EXCEPT for the retro LED bulbs. They have a couple of styles that can work with either dimmiing or the shimmering functions, but you will have to read on the site about which ones will do which. Otherwise any of the M5 or 5MM minis and the C6 styles in either the half wave or the full wave will work just fine with LOR.

I have purchased both styles from them and have no problems with them. Travis is great to work with and will answer any questions you might have too.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Hi Bob,

I also prefer the pure white (or cool white as some are labeled) over the warm white. The pure white, in side-by-side comparison, look to my eyes like they have a slight blue tinge which I personally like. In my case, I chose to use the pure white as a CONTRAST to the color of clear incandescents, although I agree completely that it probably wouldn't look good to mix and match on items like arches & poles, etc. In my case, I used standard incandescent minis for arches and poles (due to the cost of LED's) and the pure white LED's for my mega tree.