Light-O-Rama Forums

Track Question

Mark Hayes

I have been playing around with multiple tracks. I have a master track as the first track and then about 8 more tracks. When I start putting sequences in, it does not show up on any other tracks. Do I need to copy and paste each one or am I missing something?

Did you use 'add new track' or 'duplicate track'? To do what you're asking I think you need to use duplicate track, after defining all the channels in track 1, and any events you create are then visible across all tracks.

Anyway, that's how I used tracks in my 1st year, for different timings.

If you create a track without duplicating an existing one, and you want the same channels, or a subset of the same channels in the additional tracks, you must right click on the channel, and select copy to track...

If you input the channel config again in a new track, you wind up with two separate sequences, both trying to drive a single physical channel.. The results probably won't be as expected..

The way to keep the channels in sync on both tracks is:

1. Create a new Track.
2. Copy or create the needed timing marks in the new Track.
3. Go to the main track, select a channel you want to use in the new Track, click the right mouse button, Move down to "COPY TO OTHER TRACK" then select "COPY TO TRACK NUMBER".

If you have other tracks in the sequence you have to select the Track to copy the channel to.

After coping all the channels you want to the new track you can then arrange them the way you want and not affect the channel arrangement in the main track.

You can also copy a channel(s) to as many tracks as you want, it will copy the channel sequence each time so you do not overwrite want you done in another track.

This in one way to do it.