Light-O-Rama Forums

size of my arches.

friskybri

I am down to the size of the arches. I am going with 7 segments on the arches. My wife thinks that the 10' ones look good and I think the 15's look good. So I took 2 pictures of both. The 10' is at 6' and 7' spacing. The 15' arch is spaced at 10' 11'. My house is about 43 feet from the driveway to the end. I do have about 15 feet on the side of the house to the woods. So I am looking at about 57 feet of show-space. The picture was from the end of the driveway. what do you guys think.

Attached files 172782=9877-100_0610.JPG

I kinda like the 10' 6'spacing..right below the window (from camera perspective) as to not cover any window lights/effects you might have...I also have two of the 10' arches built. I also need to start figuring my spacing to see how many I will be able to use..hopefully will be able to play with them and video them this weekend....

you mean an arch inside another arch. hmmmmmm. That could open up some thought. having the arches go in opposite directions.

Yeah, one of each is a win, win. You both get your arch and you get another controller! So it a win, win, win.

lol my wife would go through the ceiling if i purchased anymore this year. I think 96 channels is enough to start. Maybe next year. It sounds like everyone would go with the 10 foot ones if that is what I am hearing. I think I can go 10' 7 segments then space about 2 feet apart to go across the front of the house. Is that what everyone else would do? This is my first year at it and just dont want to make things look crappy. After the first year I should beable to do the rest on my own.

Yeah my wife is looking over at me right now and saying heck no to more controllers. Nice try guys but the foot went down.

friskybri wrote:

Yeah my wife is looking over at me right now and saying heck no to more controllers. Nice try guys but the foot went down.
There's always the june sale...

Since you decided on 10', start wrapping. then set up a few outside. There is nothing better than seeing the project set up. See which spacing looks / lays out better for your house.

You could also alternate sizes.

7 channels works fine on a 10' arch. my arches are the grey 3/4" pvc. they bend fine and stand alone.(for testing was using tent stakes for anchors) each channel will be apx 17" and leaves about 6 inches on the ends. now for the real test....

start the learning curve on building, raising and sequencing the mega tree

If your going to use 7 segments (or channels) on the arch I would keep it around 10'. If you have a long pipe with a few channels it will look "choppy". I used 20' arch's with 8 channels and 8' arch's with 7 channels. The smaller arch was much, much smoother when it chased across each other. I am definitely upgrading the 20' to 16 channels next year.

Whenever I try a new display item I build one in the backyard and test it a couple of ways. After all, do what you think looks best.

Good Luck.

Scott

I do like the double arch thing. I have been looking at adding that in 2010. With also adding a mega tree and maybe a Marty fan. That would be another 5 controllers. I might have to spreed that out over the next summer sale, hopefully the tax sale and the the 2010 summer sale. Cant believe that I am already looking for more and haven't even got the ones a purchased yet. lol. I am asking my family for LOR gift certificates for Christmas. It will be this summer before I wrap the arches waiting on my stuff from CDI. I even went to Lowe's to get tomato cages and they don't even have them yet. They guy said it was to early for planting tomato's. I told him they were for mini Christmas tree's. The look on his face was priceless.