Light-O-Rama Forums

Tinkerbell effect, HELP

Mr Dave

I am trying to figure out how to do a Tinkerbell effect for a Christmas display I set up at Disneys Fort Wilderness Campground. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

The only Tinkerbell effect effect that I know of is wishing something to come true.

Perhaps if you could be a bit more specific?

I love Fort Wilderness by the way. One of my favorite places to camp.

Hi Dave, I use to race Catalina 27's on the Chesapeake and spent alot of time in Annapolas. We moved from the D.C. area to Florida a couple of years ago.

Last year I built a Cinderallas Castle (6'x4') and have some great Disney music sequenced and need to figure out how to give the effect of having Tinkerbell fly from the Castle to some other point (to a tree or to my motorhome). I was thinking about using chase rope lights? What do you think?

Thanks, Dave

You could do a "leaping arch" effect, but rather than attach the arch to the ground, stretch out the pvc between the two points on aircraft cable. I do this at Christmas to have Cinderalla's fairy godmother light the star and mega tree. In my case, the "leaping arch" runs from the fairy godmother's wand to the star on the mega tree.

I don't have any other idea xept to use straight (arch-like) segments from point to point.

However, I am working on another "Tinkerbell" idea. At the beginning of Disney movies, there's Tinkerbell striking the wand creating an arch over the castle. As the arch disappears, it falls like pixy dust. So I'm trying to add lights hanging from each segment; as a segment fades, the hanging strings create the "falling dust" effect.

I don't have any video posted on the web yet, but here is a still daytime photo. You can see it behind the cowboy santa cutout in this picture. (The fairy godmother is the black cutout to the left rear. The cutout has holes through which I inserted minilights to make the fairy godmother. )

Attached files 172759=9875-Christmas 2008 006a.jpg

Mr Dave wrote:

Hi Dave, I use to race Catalina 27's on the Chesapeake and spent alot of time in Annapolas. We moved from the D.C. area to Florida a couple of years ago.

Way off topic but cool. I raced for many years. The Wed night races, frostbite, Governer's cup, Solomon's, Annapolis to Newport.

Small world.

Another option might be the D-Light Firefly strand. Don't know anything personally about them, just seen video on the D-Light website.

Hey Tim, I got on the D-Light site and I think that is just what I was looking for. You are the man.

Thanks !!!!!

Dave

If you are looking for a video of the leaping light arch idea check out the video on www.andrewschristmas.com of Elvis Presley's Battle Hymn. It has the effect you might be looking for.

Chad

Thanks for all the great ideas. I went ahead and ordered a couple of Firefly's. Hopefully they will do the trick.

Dave

• 5 months later...

OK . . . Know its an old thread, but as a newbie I'm reading through old threads.

Off the main subject, do you have any photos or videos of your display at Fort Wilderness? I'd love to see 'em.

The wife and I camp quite a bit (if you call living out of a 40' Jayco fifth wheel camping - and we do) and are looking to take our 4 gkids there for a time. Even though we do Halloween displays outside the trailer, I'd never considered Fort Wilderness at Christmas with lights and all.

Thanks.