Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer

Roger Leon Forbes

Can an animation in visualizer be pulled from one sequence and used in another without redrawing it?

Absolutely! Go to the edit menu. At the bottom you'll see export channel configuration and import channel configuration. Export the configuration youwant to keep. Then when you create a new sequence import that configuration. Keep in mind though, it not only imports your visualizer drawing, but also the exact same track/channel setup you previously exported. So be sure to do this before doing any work in your new sequence(s).

Thank You, I guess I could do the drawing and export a blank sq and keep it that way. Again Thank You...roger

Yeah, you basically have a dummy configuration sequence that has the channel assignments and ordering in it ... then you save off the configuration file from that dummy sequence.
I call mine "96 channel configuration 2008".

Then when you start a new sequence, you import your configuration into it, giving you all the channel assignments and the visualizer (animation window).

I can also bring in track defaults as well, if you want it to, but I prefer to just keep the base configuration in a single track.

Give LOTS of thought to the ordering and naming of things in your initial configuration sequence.

Another way the configuration file is used is to import you xx channels into an existing sequence file (if borrowing from others, or using a paid template). I usually create 96 new channels (at the top), then import my 96 channels ... thus preserving the original channel below that. Then cut and paste like a fool and de-assign the channels from the original channels (or delete them).

• 6 months later...

Yes, using the process described previously. Just keep in mind that the track configuration you import to a sequence will overwrite the configuration that's already there.