Light-O-Rama Forums

Triggers and Response time

Doug C

Is any one using the triggers now available in version II.

I have 2.1.6 and updated the controller to ver4.3 on a 16ctd.

I created a simple one minute sequence ,all 16 channels do the same thing basically on off and ramps. I created a show and set a magic toy trigger in the interactive section. When I press the switch the show will trigger but it takes 3-5 sections for the first event (lights on) which is the first part of the sequence.

Is this delay normal for triggers?

Thanks

Doug C.

The connection speed is set to regular, the middle setting.

But to clarify after more testing, the Magic Toy works properly, I had set triggers in Options as well as in the interactive sequence.

Where I see the delay or random start is if i put one sequence in animation and use the options to wait for the trigger, sometimes the sequence starts in 3-5 seconds, sometimes longer and sometimes at random point in the sequence.

Thanks

Doug C.

Doug C wrote:

The connection speed is set to regular, the middle setting.

But to clarify after more testing, the Magic Toy works properly, I had set triggers in Options as well as in the interactive sequence.

Where I see the delay or random start is if i put one sequence in animation and use the options to wait for the trigger, sometimes the sequence starts in 3-5 seconds, sometimes longer and sometimes at random point in the sequence.

Thanks

Doug C.

That is not at all normal (at least in our testing)... The trigger should be received in less than 2/10s of a second and the sequence should start immediatly. Also it should not start in the middle:

What are the specs on the machine you are using for the show?

Please send a copy of the sequence and the show file to support@lightorama.com so we can check it out.

Thanks
Dan

That is not at all normal (at least in our testing)... The trigger should be received in less than 2/10s of a second and the sequence should start immediatly. Also it should not start in the middle:

What are the specs on the machine you are using for the show?

Please send a copy of the sequence and the show file to support@lightorama.com so we can check it out.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan

The machine I have used for 5 years now is a pII 450 with 192mb memory. I upgraded just in January to 2.1.6 to start using it.

I reinstalled on a p4 3ghz and it works as you describe, immediate response to the trigger.

So I guess the older machine will be replaced, although it would be curious to know what the minimum specs would be.

Thanks

Doug C.

Doug C wrote:

Hi Dan

The machine I have used for 5 years now is a pII 450 with 192mb memory. I upgraded just in January to 2.1.6 to start using it.

I reinstalled on a p4 3ghz and it works as you describe, immediate response to the trigger.

So I guess the older machine will be replaced, although it would be curious to know what the minimum specs would be.

Thanks

Doug C.

The problem with minimum specs is that it depends on a number of variables such as the size of the sequence, etc... This is especially difficult when we are talking about Windows and possible windows sludge (not necessarly in your case) that causes things to take just a little longer to execute on the machine.