Light-O-Rama Forums

Which color to use

thebaronn

So If i wanted to put lights on something that is supposed to be a very very dark brown or even black, would you go with purple LEDs or spring for brown incandescents?

thebaronn wrote:

So If i wanted to put lights on something that is supposed to be a very very dark brown or even black, would you go with purple LEDs or spring for brown incandescents?

You state this like the brown incandescents are more expensive than the purple LEDs. Is this the case?

Paul Roberson wrote:

thebaronn wrote:

You state this like the brown incandescents are more expensive than the purple LEDs. Is this the case?

I have around 2500 purple LEDs (overestimated the need for last halloween), I have to buy the brown

I would use what you have already purple isnt very bright. Also it has some to do with the what your using it on also. Like If it was a dead pirate jumping out of a barrel I would perfer the brown, Just because a purple rum barrel would be kinda funny looking in my opinon.

Dale

thebaronn wrote:

you found brown where at ??

Jeff

Jeff 1S.A.H.D. wrote:

thebaronn wrote:

you found brown where at ??

Jeff

http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/item-detail-special.asp?part=250l&category=Accessories

choose the color in the little menu!

Dale wrote:

I would use what you have already purple isnt very bright. Also it has some to do with the what your using it on also. Like If it was a dead pirate jumping out of a barrel I would perfer the brown, Just because a purple rum barrel would be kinda funny looking in my opinon.

Dale

GOOD CALL! You are right purple rum barrel=lame!

Im building a pirate ship with a black hull and black sails (hint hint) and cannot decide!!!!

I would use purple on the ship then and maybe even a few strings of orange to help maybe outline or define the ship specialy in the dark it would hard to see and if you make cannons to go on maybe have some uplighting under them so you can see them from a distance depends on how big your yard is and distance from the road

Dale L

• 4 months later...

I have similar issues. I'm going to try some U/V (Blacklight) spotlights shining on my crypt. I may have to use regular white spots to get the desired result. I am going to highlight the edges with U/V reactive paint to give it some definition.

thebaronn wrote:

GOOD CALL! You are right purple rum barrel=lame!

Im building a pirate ship with a black hull and black sails (hint hint) and cannot decide!!!!

Definitely purple sails, right? I mean a glowing purple sail says ghost pirate ship like none other! At least, compared to brown. I don't think brown sails will look right.

You might buy a string of the brown and see how you like it. I am thinking brown will be good for the ship itself. You want the ship lit so you can tell, but nothing overpowering because you'll have items on the ship you want to see, right? I'm guessing brown is pretty dim. Good choice for a dingy ship. Brown ship, purple sails?

• 2 months later...