Light-O-Rama Forums

pasting timings to a new audio sequence

LENNY RUEL

Well, last week I had asked about changing over a sequence I was working on for Wizards to get one with .10 cells since it had different sized ones and was harder to work with. It was said I could start a new sequence using my audio file and set it up for my config and the .10 cells, then paste timings from the sequence I had started to adjust to the new one. As expected the timing was off but when I skewed the track to get it to lineup ended up being at least a couple seconds off. Music would start but all I had was blank spacing after my channel titles for about a two inch space.

So, I started from scratch with that sequence, keeping the other one minimized for refrence on the beats and breaks. Ended up getting to about where I left off with that other one the weekend before. That's when I noticed I messed up. With getting to a virgin part and playing it ahead to listen a few times then going back to my new one I noticed they got drastically different. So. I played both to the end and found that first one I had started on was over 3 minutes long, full length, which I liked. The new one... apparently I used a different audio file than I did when I downloaded that first one as it was about 2:07. When I played the one I used this year for 16 channels that was also the 2:07 so I never really payed attention to the longer version.

As I said I like the longer version. Will it work to start a new sequence, making sure I use the right audio this time and then Paste the sequence I worked on over the weekend to it? Or since it's a minute shorter will it not work and I'm starting from scratch again? Like I said it seems through that first 1:30 to1:40 or so they are the same and I'm going with .10 cells on both. Thanks again and I hope I don't have to go this a third time, although I am getting much faster with this. I'm hoping the longer timed sequence will over write the shorter one I had just set up and the effects will still come at the right time since they seem to be on the same timings to that point roughly 1:30 point.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Well, last week I had asked about changing over a sequence I was working on for Wizards to get one with .10 cells since it had different sized ones and was harder to work with. It was said I could start a new sequence using my audio file and set it up for my config and the .10 cells, then paste timings from the sequence I had started to adjust to the new one. As expected the timing was off but when I skewed the track to get it to lineup ended up being at least a couple seconds off. Music would start but all I had was blank spacing after my channel titles for about a two inch space.

So, I started from scratch with that sequence, keeping the other one minimized for refrence on the beats and breaks. Ended up getting to about where I left off with that other one the weekend before. That's when I noticed I messed up. With getting to a virgin part and playing it ahead to listen a few times then going back to my new one I noticed they got drastically different. So. I played both to the end and found that first one I had started on was over 3 minutes long, full length, which I liked. The new one... apparently I used a different audio file than I did when I downloaded that first one as it was about 2:07. When I played the one I used this year for 16 channels that was also the 2:07 so I never really payed attention to the longer version.

As I said I like the longer version. Will it work to start a new sequence, making sure I use the right audio this time and then Paste the sequence I worked on over the weekend to it? Or since it's a minute shorter will it not work and I'm starting from scratch again? Like I said it seems through that first 1:30 to1:40 or so they are the same and I'm going with .10 cells on both. Thanks again and I hope I don't have to go this a third time, although I am getting much faster with this. I'm hoping the longer timed sequence will over write the shorter one I had just set up and the effects will still come at the right time since they seem to be on the same timings to that point roughly 1:30 point.

Lenny

If I understand you correctly. You have a 3+ min WIW sequence you have been working on and had gotten to over 1 min in your progress. Then you decided you wanted to be working with .10 timing marks? If this is the case this is what I would do.

I would open the WIW that is 3+ min that you have been working on. I would then click on 'edit' "duplicate track" then name the track(for example .10), and click OK. Then I would right click on the first channel and click 'copy to other track" then "copy to new track". Then name the track(copy timing) and select "A tenth of a second" under "How much time should be in between timings?"

Then I would click on the first cell in the (copy timing) track then click "edit" ,"Select", "Row(s)". Then click "edit", "copy timing". Then scroll back to (.10 track) right click in the cell and select "Past timing at...." Then make the time 0:00.00 in the "what time would you like to start pasting timing at?" window then click OK.

Then you can delete the (copy timing) track. This will leave you with two tracks both with the same channel configuration. One with the original the timing and the other with .10 timings. You can do programming in either track and it will be added to both.

There should be an easier way to do this, but I am not aware of it.

If I have misunderstood what you were wanting just disregard all this.;)