Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sequence help

Stephen Miller

Hi all i used a lor 16 channell for animation this christmas i want to try the sync to music next year would any of you be willing to share a sequince and music i can find sequinces but cannot get them to play because i don't have the music file if some one would be willing to share a sequince and music together i would be greatly apprecatied i don't care what song or how long it is just need one to play with to see how it is done

skmiller29-2@embarqmail.com

Thanks

I suspect that, at least in some cases, providing the music file to you might be a violation of something. I don't know, and would not be eager to risk it.

Why not get the music file yourself? Some you can download from the net for free, some can be downloaded for a nominal charge, some can be ripped from CD (borrowed or from the library if you can't buy it) and it is possible to convert one from an analog audio source (like a recording off the radio even). But say for some reason you just can't get a particular music file.

You can still see the sequence by using ANY music file. Just name it what the sequence expects and it will play. Of course, the lights won't match the music, but at least you can see what the sequence does.

Like John said, most music is covered by copyright protection laws which make it illegal to do what you are asking. Some folks have shared their music files along with with their sequences. Just stay away from all those file sharing programs (unless you like fighting adware type viruses).

Amazon sells most of the popular Christmas songs for $0.99 each.

BTW you misspelled Sequence, which reminded me how much I used to love my grandmothers homemade quince jelly :P