Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Count

tyler9613

I am new this year...planning for '09 :D. I need to know how you guys get your tremendous light counts. I am at 6009 lights from various online retailers and I'm already at $928. I don't have that much in my piggy bank at the moment...:?. Where do most of your lights come from? I am starting off at 16 channels, so my limit is about 8k-9.5k (lights not $$). Anyone recommend any site online that sells cheap lights in bulk quantities? I do plan to expand in '10, but not if I'm going to have to drop $1500 a year...:(

thanks,
tyler

tyler9613 wrote:

I am new this year...planning for '09 :D. I need to know how you guys get your tremendous light counts. I am at 6009 lights from various online retailers and I'm already at $928. I don't have that much in my piggy bank at the moment...:?. Where do most of your lights come from? I am starting off at 16 channels, so my limit is about 8k-9.5k (lights not $$). Anyone recommend any site online that sells cheap lights in bulk quantities? I do plan to expand in '10, but not if I'm going to have to drop $1500 a year...:(

thanks,
tyler
Tyler,

You absolutely have to do your Christmas light purchasing immediately after Christmas in order to save BIG money. There are simply too many other areas where purchases have to be made where those discounts are not available.; such as electrical cables and controllers.

Charles

Charles,

I did go out and buy some lights for the display the day after christmas, but I still need more. For me, its too late to live in the past and wonder why I didn't buy wal-mart out, I need to live in the present and accept the fact that I was an idiot and need more lights. The show must go on...

Thanks,
tyler

Go visit your local Wally world, target, HD, or lowes and see if they have stock left over! Even if they have packed it away, if you are serious about making a purchase most will pull it out.

crackchecker wrote:

Go visit your local Wally world, target, HD, or lowes and see if they have stock left over!  Even if they have packed it away, if you are serious about making a purchase most will pull it out.

Thanks. I will ask.

tyler