Light-O-Rama Forums

New To Sequences

Curtis

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and getting ready to work on my first sequences. I have seen a few shows that use sweeping effects right to left color change and fade. Should the channels be set up right to left to facilitate this now and for the future? Is there any way to reuse the animation from one sequence for another? Can a photo be used in the animation?

Thanks

Curtis

You can load a static picture into the LOR animation display, and then draw your display elements onto it. This can provide a fairly good idea of what your display will look like 'for real' if you do it accurately.

Channels can be set up any way you like, but for conveniance in programming, they should be grouped together. For instance, I might have 8 minitrees of 1 color in channels 1-8 and 8 minitrees of another color in channels 9 - 16. I list them left to right, but that's just the way I think. If you prefer right to left, go for it. Although I do suggest you have 'standards' you follow to minimize confusion. You can put them in any order which will facilitate programming. For instance, I have some 'balls' of light which I control with 'extra' channels from each controller. So even though the actual channels are in 3 controllers, they are all right next to each other in my channel list.

You can move things around fairly easily as your vision and needs change.

Reusing sequences can be tricky unless you use a 'standard' timing rather than a song base timing. Reusing the animation 'picture' and channel list is very easy, just export the configuration from one sequence and import it to the next. Just make sure that if there is already something in the sequence you are importing to that it be in exactly the same channel order as the one you are importing from, or the channel being controlled at any point in time will not be the one you think is being controlled.

bisquit476 wrote:

I use a p-touch model PT-1280 labeler with 1/2 wide tape.

I find that the P-Touch labels tend to delam and come apart after a couple years in the weather. I use the 3M ScotchCode preprinted books of numbers. These have been working well for me for years now. See:

http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/electronics_mfg/esm/node_J71T46PVBTbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_DPB1Q1MJ7Nge/gvel_PSRS8965RNgl/theme_us_electronicsesm_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html.
HTH

D.T.

Curtis wrote:

It's going better with the software upgrade done.

Anyone have a source for numbered lables to put on extension cords?

Radio Shack sells a package of Self Laminating Wire and Cable Markers that work great. You write the channel number on the label, then apply it to your cord. It seals itself and holds up well to weathering.

You get 24 labels for about $2.

This is what I use.

Item # 278-1616