Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about Contest 1 Entries?

Grant_VK5GR

Hello There,

I am wondering, do you receive any acknowledgement that your entry for Contest 1 has been received if you e-mailed it?

I sent a 7Mb WMV file by e-mail with my entry and am a little concerned that it didnt get there (as some e-mail systems cant deal with e-mail larger than 5Mb). I didnt receive any acknowledgements that it had been received so wanted to confirm what the expected protocol is?

Regards,
Grant VK5GR

LOR has a business account and I have never had any trouble sending them large attachments. Some over 15 meg.

Last year I emailed a file that was too big and I got a failed delivery notice. I believe it was around 50 mb. I submitted a 19 mb file yesterday and I didn’t receive any notice that it was not able to be delivered.

I did have trouble getting the email out through Comcast on this end. I ended up having to use an email account from my web site.

I tried emailing a bunch of my videos and it just didn't work...they kept getting sent back to me. I ended up making a DVD and emailing them in. Works for me and LOR.

Try sending the videos with Pando. I use it all the time for large files.

Oh and have never received a conformation that videos were received in the past.

Not sure why it matters much too many good displays and people who can actually record and edit stuff. Me I just stink.