Light-O-Rama Forums

Fishing for feedback

sjmiller

I have posted my rendition of the Sugar Plum song and my partially created Celtic Christmas song - after about 50 or so downloads, no feedback. Do you like them, or do they fall on the cutting room floor?

sj

It is hard to evaluate a song that is not completed. I looked at it and thought it was fine.

The question should be, do you like it?

After all, you are the one that will be looking at it all season.

I had to agree with one of the comments, that 20 hours was a lot of time to have spent on the song and only been half way. And I agree that you should take as much time on a song as it requires. But that was not the question was it.

I offer the following:

If it feels good, do it. Be your own person and do not try to be somebody else.

If, however, you see another sequence and like it, then customize it for your home.

If you see a style that you like, then use it too.

When it comes to song choice, find a song that you can listen to 1000 times for a second or two at a time.

If you hate a song, don't do it. If you love a song and can't listen to it 1000 times, then don't do it.

hi SJMillar., id be interested inseeing your sugar plum fairy sequence, Ive just done one myself and would like to see how someone else did it. Where is it that I can see it???? thanks...roscoe

I have a post currently on page 2 of the Newbies forum with a subject of Programming LOR. The .zip file is availble for download in that message thread.

SJ

PS - Hope you had as much fun working with the sequence as I!

I just tried the .zip - if all three files are n the same directory you should only have to double click on the Sugarplum2.lms file to get everything working.

SJ

hey....thanks...managed to get them all working today, saw your animation, looks pretty good. I will try and work out how to send you mine for a comparison...todays little adventure (you can tell im still on holiday) was to do the last post....i thought id use it at the end of the show as the last piece of the night. Wonder howmany exservice men that will offend.........roscoe