Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2 Processing LOR 1 Files and vice versa

BryanLeggo

I assume that LOR Sequencer 2 Software can process LOR 1 files and convert them to the new format. Right? But does version 2 have a facility to "Save As" in other formats, such as LOR 1 or Ascii text or others?

And yes I am a newbie with only the Demo software.

S2 will read and convert LOR 1 files. It can not, however, save in the LOR 1 format. Once you go S2 there really is no reason to go back.

Dr. Jones wrote:

with the issues i had this year - I beg to differ

LOR 1 was much more stable in my experience

Would you care to elaborate? I am just curious since I started using LOR 2 in 2007 and I didn't experience any issues. Unless you count sequencing efficiency increasing by at east a factor of two. You wouldn't happen to be using Vista by any chance? It seems to be a fairly common factor when users have problems from what I've seen on this and other forums.

Mark

I was using xp and vista. There have been a myriad of issues. Several of which are still unresolved. Some of my issues may just be because of the size of the display, I am noticing issues on a larger scale.

The list includes several channels sticking on ( no they are not because of a bad triac or opto, etc. they will continue with the last command given), show scheduler not playing the show, entire sections of the sequence not playing, sequence editor crashing when multiple network's comm addresses are changed, and lor tray/ monitor crashing - just to name a few

On the flip side. I ran 2.0.16 most of the season with out a problem. Even upgraded the software and the firmware during the season to 2.1.6 without any problems what so ever.

I run on xp on all my computers and have never experience a problem with the software that was not related to my error. I am not trying to disprove Dr. Jones, just simply trying to say that error are not neccesarily rearing their heads in all situations.

I have been using LOR now for 3 years and it has been the same for me all 3 years.

Chuck

Hey Doc,

Did you try reloading LOR 1 and using your old sequences (assuming you saved a copy)? Was curious if all your problems are directly related to S2.

cmoore60 wrote:

On the flip side. I ran 2.0.16 most of the season with out a problem. Even upgraded the software and the firmware during the season to 2.1.6 without any problems what so ever.

I run on xp on all my computers and have never experience a problem with the software that was not related to my error. I am not trying to disprove Dr. Jones, just simply trying to say that error are not neccesarily rearing their heads in all situations.

I have been using LOR now for 3 years and it has been the same for me all 3 years.

Chuck

I have been using LOR for 4 years using the one computer to sequence and a different computer to play the show. The show computer was retired this year because it was not up to the minimum requirements. I used the sequencing computer to run the show in addition to trying two other computers. I actually had better luck with a Vista machine.

I know I am not the only person who was experiencing problems this year. Several others experienced channels sticking on. I know the lor tray issue was discussed on the forum and was partially resolved by using ferrite filters on the usb cable and on one computer moved the cables to the rear usb ports. I have already passed on the network comm issue on to Bob from LOR and sent him my sequence and schedule files for inspection.