Light-O-Rama Forums

Using inputs

toymakr000

It is possible to make 8 inputs turn into 16 if they do what some alarm panels do. My alarm has what they call Zone Doubling. They accomplish this by using different resistor values in the zone circuits. LOR could possibly do something similar.

I think what they are going to do is set it up for binary coding. 3 inputs =8 different states. They just need to change the firmware and software to do this.
I don't think they can't really make 8 inputs with only 3 pins otherwise.

toymakr000 wrote:

I think what they are going to do is set it up for binary coding. 3 inputs =8 different states. They just need to change the firmware and software to do this.
I don't think they can't really make 8 inputs with only 3 pins otherwise.

That would be 7 inputs.

As I posted on this thread, I had been using a laser to turn off the streetlight near my display. However, this year it was observed that the brief dark period between sequences was the time when children would randomly dash across the street, so it was decided that the streetlight should remain on, except for brief periods at the climax of some songs.

I was looking for a way to allow us to turn the streetlight off while one of us was outside, showing off the display (and watching the children cross safely), and found that using inputs for this was perfect.

I quickly construtced an ad-hoc holder for a couple of push buttons:
Buttons%20front.JPG

This is on the front tree, which has a controller screwed to it. The wires come out the back:
Buttons%20back.JPG

... and go to my ad-hoc interface:
Controller%203%20inside.JPG

The wiring is very messy, but I couldn't wait for the input connectors to arrive. (I'll use them next year.)

By the way, that other funny wiring to the left on the CAT5 is the line to an outside speaker.